For the first time in a long, long time, (maybe 8 or 9 years) I looked at the pay tables at the video poker machines at the Vegas airport. I had to change planes in Vegas on the way to another city, so I had enough time to check several banks of video poker machines in the Southwest terminal.

I found 7/5 Double Double Bonus and 8/6 Double Bonus. I did not find Bonus. There is 8/5 Triple Double Bonus. There was Jacks or Better on one machine, but a player was on the machine so I couldn't see the paytable for the Jacks game.

There are also deuces wild games but since I don't play DW I didn't even know how to read the paytable.

Denominations ranged from 25-cents to one dollar. I didnt see any multi line machines.

I did notice that the games are now ticket in / ticket out. The last time I was in the airport (I haven't flown into LV in several years) the machines spit out coins which had to be cashed at the cashier stations.

About 8 or 9 years ago, I took a flight and playing $1 DDB I hit quad aces with a kicker and had to wait for a verifier to come from another terminal before I could collect my $2,000 and I almost missed my flight. I think that was the last time I played at the LV airport.

By the way, I stuck my head into the smoking compartments in the terminal to see if the video poker tables there were any different and they didn't appear to be. To be honest the smoke was so thick inside those cubicles I couldn't imagine how anyone could breathe in there. And as I stepped out of the cubicle an employee walked in wearing a face mask.