Thread: The Quad and The Linq

Here are some photos I took at The Quad, which is the makeover of the Imperial Palace, one of the Caesars properties.

The Quad was created as part of the renovation of the area which will now be known as The Linq -- a mall of shops, restaurants, and the big observation/party wheel that will open soon.

This will be a nice, even upscale, area for what used to be a pretty rundown section of the Strip.

But a warning: don't expect any great gambling in The Quad or the renovated O'Sheas. Appearances can be deceiving when you look at the fine print. For example, Bonus video poker at The Quad has a lower pay table than you'd even find at Caesars, and Caesars has poor pays at 7/5. At The Quad Bonus is 6/5.

Photos below, starting with the photo on top:

1. Paytable on Bonus Poker at The Quad showing 6/5. The same paytables are available for 25-cents through $5. If you expected to see better pays for higher denomination play, you won't see it at The Quad.

2. The "poker room" at The Quad is really a cut out section of the gaming floor, and not really a separate poker room. There are slots and video poker games nearby. Here is a table game area.

3. The sports book with big screen TVs.

4. One of the slot machine areas in The Quad. Clean, neat, newest games.

5. The Linq pedestrian mall with stores on either side with the big observation wheel in the distance. The wheel parallels the Strip but it is off the Strip by about a block, and frankly I can't imagine exactly what the view is going to be?

6. Another view of the pedestrian mall but looking towards the end at the Las Vegas Strip.

7. The entrance to The Quad from the pedestrian mall at The Linq.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

We were impressed with the changes last fall and the transformation to this point now is very good.

If you think about it, the view from atop of the Big Wheel as you look down on the HVAC units located on the rooftop of one of my fave restaurants, Batista's Hole in the Wall, is bound to be breathless. Hold me back, boys.

Battistas is the finest Italian restaurant in the state, and has been for many years. Most forums are full of people who've been to LV many times but have never tried it, and that's because they can't get a comped meal at the place. They'll lose $300 playing the poker machines and try to squeeze a couple of free buffets out of that, but lose a hundred and spend a hundred for a great meal at the Hole? Now wouldn't THAT be a story to tell to all the little people on vpFree!

Thread Information