Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your Pressing Strategy for Craps?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post

And just how many times has this happened with your last $300? It's like Rob Singer hitting a royal after breaking up three queens to hold three to the royal and hitting the royal?
    Innumerable times--but again only if I am the shooter. Saved many a cold night with that move. On the other hand, I never get lucky with the "royal at the buzzer" like Rob does. And certainly the odds of hitting 2 nines are far less than getting a royal.

I am prepared to lose my entire buy in, but I feel that on a cold game when down to my last 300 I am not going to sit there and grind my way back. So it's either take the $300 (which I do most times) and walk away, or take the one shot. The one shot has served me way better than trying to grind my way back. Of course, taking the 300 and walking away is more prudent. But in my game, 300 is somewhat meaningless.

And that happens "innumerable times"?

Originally Posted by a2a3dseddie View Post
    I was on a table once where I had a $10 bet on hard 10. The point was 4. The shooter rolled hard 10 FIVE times before rolling the four. I was happy to bank the $350, but can only dream what parlaying that to the max would have won...
    Something like this happened at Caesars about two years ago. Forum member Ahhcraps was at the table. I hope he sees this and will post about it.

Yes, I remember that. A Drunk guy walks up to table 402 at Caesars. Throws $200 cash down and say $50 on all the hardways. Ken was shooting the dice. He throw a hard 10 and the drunk parley it. After a few rolls, Ken throws a hard 10 again. The drunk parleys it again. So now, he has $3200 on the hard 10. Before Ken 7's out, he threw 3 more hard 10's and the guy walk with over $60,000. He tipped Kenny $1000 for each hard 10.

As for pressing your bets, my current strategy is to start with $150 on 6 and 8, one hit on either, both 6 and 8 go to $180. Another hit on either, drop $30 along with the payout and both numbers go to $300, then it is off to the races.

About a year ago, I was playing at the Fremont, $5 table. I started 6 and 8 at $30. Everyone else on my side of the table start at $6 each on 6 and 8. The roller on the other side of the table got hot. I had my 6 up to $2100 and everyone else was still at $6. ?????? As Alan said, once you have your money back, press press press.

It was at this table that Fremont finally had to bring out the $500 chips. Can yo see them stacking 21 black chips?

AhhCraps
    Last edited by AhhCraps; 03-26-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Thread Information