Thread: What does my level really mean?

I like know where I stand, and in the case of these "4 tier" programs I'm not sure how to figure that out.

I'm not talking about Harrah's, but instead these places (seems like more and more of them, must have the same consultant lol) that put you in one of 4 groups based on action. What I'm trying to figure is, what percentage of total customers am I in if I'm in for example the 2nd highest tier?

I guess I could try to figure out the average action they get for every machine, though I have no idea how to do that (any ideas) and it might be too much work.

I just don't want to be mooched on if I play a lot and then all I end up with is some marginal junk. I can a.ways take my gambling dollar to Vegas if I want that. I am a high tier at one place, but they aren't too clelar on that info.

Hi and thanks for joining. I spent some time considering your post and your question, and I have a question of my own for you: Why does it matter where you stand? You shouldn't look at these bonus programs as a competition -- it's not a matter of having a higher tier than another traveler or another player or another passenger or another hotel guest. What matters is being sure that you are getting the comps or bonuses or free gifts or incentives or discounts that you are entitled to.

If you turn it into a competition -- where you stand and are you higher than your business partner or your cousin Bob in Iowa -- you are putting the emphasis on the wrong things and you run the risk of putting "loyalty" ahead of "value."

I am a member of the American Airlines frequent flyer plan and have been for years -- but when it comes to booking a flight I take the airline with the lowest airfare. I don't care if my "rank" with American Airlines is low. I am more concerned with getting the best price.

Thread Information