Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: new orleans for your 7 stars trip

  1. #1
    Just to give you a heads up for those of you thinking of going to NO for your 7 stars trip.

    1. They will just add $500 to your TR credit.

    2. This means you do not have to use it.

    3. You can always ask your host to "write" you a comp to any of the restaurants on the approved list. Some of my favorites are Drago's at the Hilton, NOLA, Court of 2 Sisters and Chef Paul's. They are all located in the French Quarters, except Drago's.

    My last 7 stars trip there, I never use my $500 credit. I just ask for a comp every night. Anywhere from $100 to $250 depending on the restaurant.

    AhhCraps

  2. #2
    What happens to the $500 credit?

  3. #3
    The $500 is added to your Reward Credit balance.

  4. #4
    We use NOLA for our Seven Stars trip and as Ahh says, we never touched our $500. In fact, we still are building on it. New Orleans is a great place to take the trip.

    A sad note: Harrah's Tunica is closing in June. That was our other favorite place to visit and we had some really close and dear friends who worked there. We will go over in a couple of weeks for our goodbyes. We really hate to see this one go. Hope its not the beginning of more bad moves.

  5. #5
    Is Tunica actually closing or being sold to another company?

  6. #6
    Been for sale for several years--but no takers. Numbers have been horrible there.

    Will just be closed--all employees terminated--could still be bought any time thereafter.

  7. #7
    What will the hosts at Caesars do now? There won't be any more "Diamonds from Tunica" to deal with!

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    What happens to the $500 credit?
    Alan, if you want to liquidate your Seven Stars retreats, consider this: many retired video poker players here in the Atlantic City/Philadelphia market are simply booking their retreats to Harrah's New Orleans, then just canceling their flight and hotel. The 50,000 reward credits ($500 comps) are credited to their account at 6AM EST the day of their flight (which they never board), and they then convert to $400 free slot play (AC casinos) or $500 free slot play (Harrah's Philadelphia).

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    Alan, if you want to liquidate your Seven Stars retreats, consider this: many retired video poker players here in the Atlantic City/Philadelphia market are simply booking their retreats to Harrah's New Orleans, then just canceling their flight and hotel. The 50,000 reward credits ($500 comps) are credited to their account at 6AM EST the day of their flight (which they never board), and they then convert to $400 free slot play (AC casinos) or $500 free slot play (Harrah's Philadelphia).
    Wow... and people get away with this?

    In reality it's like saying: I'll take the 500 reward credits but you can keep the rest of the offer. And in Vegas or even at Rincon 500 reward credits can be converted to $400 of slot play or table game play. It's an interesting twist.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Wow... and people get away with this?

    In reality it's like saying: I'll take the 500 reward credits but you can keep the rest of the offer. And in Vegas or even at Rincon 500 reward credits can be converted to $400 of slot play or table game play. It's an interesting twist.
    To me, it just seems wrong to have your host run around booking flights, hotels and transportation for a trip you never intend to take.

    But yes, it's been happening in the AC market for years now.
    Last edited by nerakil; 03-28-2014 at 07:36 PM.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    To me, it just seems wrong to have your host run around booking flights, hotels and transporation for a trip you never intend to take.
    My feeling is that when you ask your host for a favor they will remember these kinds of shenanigans and say "no" to you. I'm sure you can get away with it "once" but if too many people start doing it they might figure a way to remove the reward credits on trips not taken. Or... you might not get the RCs until you actually check in at the hotel.

    When the company books those trips, they expect you to show up because they are counting on you to gamble. When you don't -- the comps disappear.

    Remember what we discussed a few months ago? Now in Vegas they want you to book at least two nights for promotions. And if they catch you not staying for two nights I was told they will scale back your offers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •