Thread: High Roller at the Linq

Took a ride on the High Roller on Tuesday April 1. The cost $35 because it is a night ride. The ride takes about 30 minute.

After buying the tickets, you go through a maze just like rides at Disney Land. As you go up to the ride, you go through a check to ensure no drinks are on you. However, you will go past a "refreshment" center so that you can continue your alcoholic consumption and you can bring those drinks into the ride. To ensure you depart more of your money, there is an area where they take pictures of you and your friends with a "green" screen as background. When the ride ends, you can view your picture with various backgrounds, like inside the pod, outside with the High Roller in the background and so. $25 per picture.

Finally getting to the ride, the pods does not stop. You get on and off as the pods continues to move. Inside the pods, it is very roomy and I can see that it can take up to 40 people. During this ride, there were only about 10 of us.

Only one "side" of the pod will get you the view of the strip. So most of the people are crowded on the "strip" side taking pictures.

The ride is very smooth and you really do not feel it. There are no restrooms in the pods. There are monitors inside the pods giving you highlights of the ride like when you have reach the "top" of the ride. Counting down like new years.

After getting off, you do through to view the picture you had taken earlier, then on to the High Roller shop to further your spending.

Is it worth it? Yeah, I enjoy it. I have never been on a ride of this type before, so for me it is worth it. Now I don't need to fly to London and ride the "Eye".

AhhCraps

No comps yet for this?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    No comps yet for this?
    Yes, you will get a comp for the High Roller once you reach 40,000 tier credits and qualify for the new Diamond Aspirations Level I.

That means you have already qualified, Alan.

I wonder if this is available as part of the Seven Stars monthly "free show" benefit, as the Paris Eiffel Tower is.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

On May 31st, I visited the Total Rewards Desk at Ceasars Palace. I was told by Matt that I could get a single ticket for two events per month or two for one show. The High Roller was just approved for that benefit as well. I opted for a single ticket for Jubilee and one for the Eiffel Tower ride.
    Last edited by FABismonte; 06-03-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Sounds scary........ No bathroom?

Gold
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes, you will get a comp for the High Roller once you reach 40,000 tier credits and qualify for the new Diamond Aspirations Level I.

That means you have already qualified, Alan.

I wonder if this is available as part of the Seven Stars monthly "free show" benefit, as the Paris Eiffel Tower is.
    Dan,

Do you know if you will still get this if you were Seven Stars the previous year? Remember they took away the $100 voucher for reaching the first 15,000 tc.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Sounds scary........ No bathroom?
    I'm waiting for the first "accident report."

The High Roller can now be obtained for free (2 tickets) if you're a Seven Stars member.

It's now considered a "show", just like the Eiffel Tower elevator.

You get this benefit once per calendar month, where you can pick from a list of mostly lower-tier shows, or instead choose 2 tickets to either the Eiffel Tower or High Roller.

I redeemed mine on May 31 for the month of May, but I probably won't bother going to the box office to get it, because it is only good for 7 days and I don't really feel like doing it right now.

Anyway, no need to worry about the Diamond Aspirations benefit of the High Roller, since you get it monthly as a Seven Stars member anyway (with no cost to your RCs or anything else).
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by AhhCraps View Post
    Took a ride on the High Roller on Tuesday April 1. The cost $35 because it is a night ride. The ride takes about 30 minute.

After buying the tickets, you go through a maze just like rides at Disney Land. As you go up to the ride, you go through a check to ensure no drinks are on you. However, you will go past a "refreshment" center so that you can continue your alcoholic consumption and you can bring those drinks into the ride. To ensure you depart more of your money, there is an area where they take pictures of you and your friends with a "green" screen as background. When the ride ends, you can view your picture with various backgrounds, like inside the pod, outside with the High Roller in the background and so. $25 per picture.

Finally getting to the ride, the pods does not stop. You get on and off as the pods continues to move. Inside the pods, it is very roomy and I can see that it can take up to 40 people. During this ride, there were only about 10 of us.

Only one "side" of the pod will get you the view of the strip. So most of the people are crowded on the "strip" side taking pictures.

The ride is very smooth and you really do not feel it. There are no restrooms in the pods. There are monitors inside the pods giving you highlights of the ride like when you have reach the "top" of the ride. Counting down like new years.

After getting off, you do through to view the picture you had taken earlier, then on to the High Roller shop to further your spending.

Is it worth it? Yeah, I enjoy it. I have never been on a ride of this type before, so for me it is worth it. Now I don't need to fly to London and ride the "Eye".
    Just went on this, and I agree with the above review.

I used my Seven Stars "2 free tickets per month" comp at the TR desk, but otherwise it would have been $35/person.

Just to add a few things:

1) They have no Seven Stars line to get tickets or board. They are planning to make one, but according to employees there, "for some reason it hasn't gotten done yet". However, if you ask them, they will let you skip the line as a Seven Stars.

2) When you get the voucher at any TR desk, you will need to bring it to the Flamingo to exchange it for actual tickets. I didn't realize it until I got there, and it was a pain to walk over to the Flamingo. The ticket desk went ahead and gave me tickets without making me walk to Flamingo. Not sure if they will do this for all Seven Stars, or if they just made an exception for me.

3) It goes up 550 feet, but since it's enclosed and the pod is huge (we had 21 inside, and there was PLENTY of room for way more), you don't feel like you're on a ferris wheel. It feels more like you're in a tall building. Unless you have an extreme fear of heights, you won't find it scary.

4) It is air conditioned, so you don't have to worry about being hot.

5) The view is very nice. Definitely ride this at night. Look toward the Bellagio, as it looks really cool when the fountains go.

Wasn't sure if I would enjoy this or not, but I actually did. Not sure if it's worth $35, but if you get comped tickets, definitely do it. My friend who went with me had the exact same opinion.

On a side note, the Linq area is a lot bigger and built-up than I expected. I guess I was remembering that old tiny area between Harrah's and IP. It really reminds me of Downtown Disney or Universal Citywalk (but smaller).

Also walked into The Cromwell (former Barbary Coast/Bill's), and it's a pretty nice place. It looks nothing like the old Barbary Coast.

Thread Information