Thread: White Hot Aces

Gold
    I got lucky on a poker machine playing White Hot Aces in the non smoking section at Rincon. It dealt me a full house (3 Aces and 2 Kings). I kept the Aces and drew the fourth and paid 1200 credits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I always love to see four aces.

I've never played that game, and it has a top heavy pay table. It seems to be a "midway game" between Double Double Bonus and Royal Aces Bonus with plenty of volatility.

White Hot Aces is very similar to Triple Bonus Poker+. Almost an identical game.
    The 8/5 variant with the straight flush paying 400 is what Nash was playing....A 98% game

TBP+ full pay is 9/5 with 500 for straight flush (99.8% - a good game with similar volatility as DDB)

600 credits for any quad 2's, 3's, and 4's is pretty nice..

This picture seems pretty weird to me. It shows 4 Aces pays 1200, but your win shows 965 and your
    total credits shows 962

Gold
    fly2rei

That's because I took the picture as it was paying me.

Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    That's because I took the picture as it was paying me.
    New rule: from now on... don't take a picture until the pay is completed. This way there will be no fuel for the conspiracy fire. LOL

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    New rule: from now on... don't take a picture until the pay is completed. This way there will be no fuel for the conspiracy fire. LOL
    That IS an interesting photograph, though. With the "win" at 965 and the credits at "962" does that mean the credit meter started at negative 3 (-3) credits?? This might be a really cool VP machine you can borrow money from when the going gets really tough.

Originally Posted by Count Room View Post
    That IS an interesting photograph, though. With the "win" at 965 and the credits at "962" does that mean the credit meter started at negative 3 (-3) credits??
    I never noticed if the "credits" on the right increase simultaneously as the "win credits" on the left are paid. So do the two amounts increase simultaneously, or is the win added to the credits on the right after the full amount of the "win" is paid?

I never noticed if the "credits" on the right increase simultaneously as the "win credits" on the left are paid. So do the two amounts increase simultaneously, or is the win added to the credits on the right after the full amount of the "win" is paid?
    Good question, but it's reasonable to assume the credit meter lags behind the win meter. I'm just too lazy to test it

Next time I get a win of more than 5 credits (LOL) I am going to watch the two credit meters and see what happens.

I saw a video of a payout... both credit meters register credits simultaneously on the IGT machine shown.

I saw a video of a payout... both credit meters register credits simultaneously on the IGT machine shown.
    Well then, we're back to where we started. Nash had a magical machine that lends money when the credit meter reaches zero or below.

Originally Posted by Count Room View Post
    Well then, we're back to where we started. Nash had a magical machine that lends money when the credit meter reaches zero or below.
    Are you saying that the meter on the right should be showing more credits than the meter on the left which shows the payment?

Are you saying that the meter on the right should be showing more credits than the meter on the left which shows the payment?
    Alan: Yes, that's exactly what I am saying if you witnessed an IGT machine registering both counts at a simultaneous rate. I'm sure Nash's photo is legitimate, so the only other conclusion I can draw here is that some IGT machines register the win & credits at a different pace.

Admittedly this is a very minor curiosity topic. Not a big deal...

I am actually very interested in this. Just as I am interested in machines with continuous shuffle vs sequential shuffle, and the speed at which continuous shuffle works.

Even if Nash played the last five credits, the meter on the right would be at zero and both meters should be showing the same amount. Count Room is correct that meters cannot go negative.

Curiously, the photo above shows the "pay meter" on the left higher than the "balance meter" on the right. The balance meter on the right should always be either higher than the pay meter on the left or equal to the pay meter on the left.

I am certain that when I watched some larger payoffs that both meters increased by the same amounts simultaneously. So, count room, you have me wondering too?

I am certain that when I watched some larger payoffs that both meters increased by the same amounts simultaneously. So, count room, you have me wondering too?
    Alan: Since your curiosity is piqued the first course of action is clear. You're meeting up with Nash on a semi-regular basis now, aren't you? Why not have her show you that pictured machine and see what's going on the next time you both happen to be there?

I'd meet up with you two myself for fun, but I'm a long distance away from Rincon.

Thread Information