I noticed recently when trying to make reservations online that I could not get comped rooms.

This is despite the fact that:

1) I am 7 Stars
2) I wanted to make a reservation way in advance
3) It was not a high-end property
4) It was not a particularly high-demand date

It came up with a rate BOTH online and at the CCS (800 number). They wanted to connect me to a host, but I talked them into getting a supervisor involved and getting it through. They admitted that it was "weird" that it was coming up as a rate instead of comp, and had to override it.

I didn't want to get a host involved, because I am not sure how much I will play on that trip, and I don't want to feel obligated to do so.

Is this a bug in the system, or a change in policy to where they are making it harder for 7 Stars to claim their comped rooms?

I haven't played much this year at all, so perhaps that's the reason this is happening.

Pretty weak that they are not making this more automated like it used to be. I know that your 7 Stars rooms technically aren't "guaranteed" anymore, but I haven't heard of anyone being turned down for a comp room yet if they are 7 Star, provided they have been checked out for minimum 48 hours since their last reservation.