Thread: Harrah's Resort Southern California Grand Opening

Gold
    Just in case you didn't get this in your mail.

WIN BIG!

Celebrate our Grand Opening with a weekend full of over $100,000 in cash and prizes!

On Friday, April 18, everyone wins! Then, on Saturday, April 19 we're giving away prizes every hour from 12pm-10pm. At 11pm someone will win $30,000 CASH and one of every prize that was awarded earlier in the day.

JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS
    WITH SPECIAL GUEST NIGHT RANGER

Join us Saturday, April 19 at 8pm in The Events Center for an unforgettable performance by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts with special guest Night Ranger.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I got invited to the Joan Jett concert for free, but I turned it down.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Sorry, not my style of music, but what are the prizes being given away Friday and Saturday? And are they based on play on those two days or on previous play?

Their web site says swipe your card and everyone's a winner.

http://www.harrahsresortsoutherncali...l#.U0-EwGdOXIU

Thanks for finding that John. My guess is there are going to be a lot of $5 comps/free-play winners on Friday.

I got a few calls from folks at Rincon who tell me that some of the prizes for the Grand Opening are as LOW as FIFTY-CENTS in comps and 20% off the price of a drink at a bar.

Gold
    The Nash's might head up there later for dinner and maybe bank our free play but the prizes you mentioned don't thrill me. We don't even drink.

I swiped my card for the promotion for the Grand Opening. I got free play for FIVE DOLLARS. I also swiped my son's card (permitted) and he is a Diamond and he also got FIVE dollars. He has until May 22nd to use the free play.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I swiped my card for the promotion for the Grand Opening. I got free play for FIVE DOLLARS. I also swiped my son's card (permitted) and he is a Diamond and he also got FIVE dollars. He has until May 22nd to use the free play.
    My decision not to go is looking better and better.

BTW, the drawings this weekend are play-based.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Gold
    I got 1000 rewards credits in the Grand Opening card swipe and Davo got $10.00 in slot play.

We decided to see the concert after all. Our free seats couldn't have been better. Row E right smack in the middle (thank you to our host for that). If you haven't been in the events center yet it looks like an over sized ballroom. I guess their plan is to use it for more than just concerts.

I only knew one song that Night Ranger sang (Sister Christian) and one Joan Jet song (I Love Rock & Roll). I was amazed at all the people who knew the words to the songs and sang along with the bands. Anyway, I was glad we went. I'll try to post a couple of small video clips here if anyone wants to see them. Hope they work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Finally after 6 weeks of "lose a turn" on the super spin on Sundays, I finally won $100.00 in slot play and then I hit a royal on dueces for $1000.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was back today for Super Spin and again got "lose a turn." I did "win" one week and it was $5 free play.
    My Sunday "free play" was $200 and at $1 Aces and Faces I turned it into $300 cash. I didn't touch the cash -- it was going home with me.

But I converted comp points into $70 of free play... I chose $5 promo chips and went to craps. Since craps has been good to me lately, I used my "craps free play strategy" which only works at Rincon because Rincon has $5 promo chips and the chips do not have to be used on even-money bets.

Here's what I did: I put one $5 promo chip on Hard Six and one on Hard 8, and replaced them as necessary. I made no other bets. One of the hard 6 bets hit, paying $45 cash. (I collected live chips for the $45 but lost the promo chip on the win... that's the rule.) Unfortunately it was the only win, so my $70 of free play netted me $45 cash which wasn't as good as I expected but it covered the gas for the trip.

Alan, I am confused here.

If I am following, you converted RCs into $70 freeplay, which I believe costs you $87.50 worth of RCs, right?

But okay, that part I can understand, as perhaps you don't have use for your RCs otherwise.

However, why take promo chips instead of slot/VP play? The policy of confiscating promo chips when you win is terrible for the player, and absolutely kills your odds. You were correct at that point to use them for a non-even-money bet, but it's still an odds-killer to use those promo chips.

Dan you are correct that you lose the promo chips when they win and are paid. This is why I played "hard ways" because I had a chance to win big multiples of the promo chip.

Another forum member (John) uses his promo chips to play the craps and yo bets -- but they are one roll bets. The hardway bets at least can be "up" for multiple rolls.

I usually don't bet the hardways when I play craps -- but I gave it a try with a few promo chips.

If I had cashed in a serious amount of comps for free play I certainly would have played video poker. But this was a lark after having such a good payoff on craps Saturday morning with the Fire Bet hitting for 6 and then again Saturday night with the FB hitting for 4.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan you are correct that you lose the promo chips when they win and are paid. This is why I played "hard ways" because I had a chance to win big multiples of the promo chip.

Another forum member (John) uses his promo chips to play the craps and yo bets -- but they are one roll bets. The hardway bets at least can be "up" for multiple rolls.

I usually don't bet the hardways when I play craps -- but I gave it a try with a few promo chips.

If I had cashed in a serious amount of comps for free play I certainly would have played video poker. But this was a lark after having such a good payoff on craps Saturday morning with the Fire Bet hitting for 6 and then again Saturday night with the FB hitting for 4.
    I understand, but I am just against taking "non-sticky" promo chips on principle. They are screwing you for no good reason.

You can't even say it's the way freeplay works, because they don't do the same thing for slots/VP, and VP has comparable odds to table games (at the right machines).

Furthermore, other CET properties don't do it this way. I got promo chips at Caesar's, and they were sticky.

Thread Information