Thread: Current Ceasars Free Shows

This weekend I was at Ceasars Palace and asked the Total Rewards desk what free monthly shows were available for 7 Stars members. I was given a printed colored card with the listings. I hope that I was able to attach a photo of it in a readable format. This is the monthly list for Diamond as well as Seven Stars (2 for 1 if you are Platinum).

I personally loved the Veronic Voices show at Ballys and I see that it is now available in this promotion starting April 24.

Since I wanted to get tickets for a Sunday afternoon show before we flew out, I got Defending the Caveman - and got a voucher for 2 tickets from Total Rewards. I then went to the Harrah's showroom ticket desk and handed off the voucher. She told me as a 7 Stars I had a choice of a booth in the middle for two, or a table in front which we had to share. I opted for the booth which my daughter and my mother-in-law used while I hit the craps table.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for posting this.

I have a feeling they will add the High Roller at the LINQ within a few months, but perhaps not. We'll see.

This list of selections has shrunk over the past 2 years. For a long time, you could get Penn & Teller (the most expensive one on the list), but they did away with that recently. I saw Penn & Teller with free tickets in late December, 2012. I enjoyed it, and the show indirectly made me want to lose weight. I took a picture with Penn after the show, and was unhappy with how it looked. I weighed 232 pounds at the time, and didn't like how big my stomach looked in the picture. That caused me to go on my first diet ever, and I got down to 208 pounds, and currently sit at 215.

Anyway, as you can see, the list includes most of the CET "Second Tier" shows. For awhile they were offering Jersey Boys, which was great, especially because you could talk the ticket agents to give you prime seats if they were available. I got it every month and gave them away to friends and family.

It would be nice if they gave some additional shows to Seven Stars, as this list is for both Diamond and Seven Stars.

Furthermore, I wish there was a Seven Stars discount on shows not on the list, such as Celine Dion and Elton John. Currently you are forced to pay full price for these shows, though I heard they will sometimes upgrade Seven Stars for free based upon availability.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

A couple of times a year I get a mailer for the main shows. I saw Celine TWELVE times and never paid. Either it was a promotion or I just walked in to the host's office and asked if any tickets were available.

My favorite "free ticket story": I walked into the hosts office and a high level 7 Stars woman player is standing there arguing with the host on duty that the seats were "not good enough" and she wanted better seats. I stood there patiently and finally the host says to the lady, "excuse me for a moment", and then she says to me "may I help you with something?"

So I say "I'm just checking to see if any tickets for Celine are available?"

And that's when the high roller huff-and-puff lady turns around, puts her two tickets in my hand, and storms out of the office. I said "thank you" as she bolted through the door.

The seats were on the mezzanine, second row, dead center. I saw her first show from all levels, all angles -- and it was great no matter where you sat. Her second show I saw only once about ten rows from the stage.

I got this list a week or so ago at Harrahs and the lady at the players club added 3 shows from Rio that were not on the list. Penn & Teller was one she added so you can still get free tickets for that one. I believe MJ Live was another and I am drawing a blank on the 3rd.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    A couple of times a year I get a mailer for the main shows. I saw Celine TWELVE times and never paid. Either it was a promotion or I just walked in to the host's office and asked if any tickets were available.

My favorite "free ticket story": I walked into the hosts office and a high level 7 Stars woman player is standing there arguing with the host on duty that the seats were "not good enough" and she wanted better seats. I stood there patiently and finally the host says to the lady, "excuse me for a moment", and then she says to me "may I help you with something?"

So I say "I'm just checking to see if any tickets for Celine are available?"

And that's when the high roller huff-and-puff lady turns around, puts her two tickets in my hand, and storms out of the office. I said "thank you" as she bolted through the door.

The seats were on the mezzanine, second row, dead center. I saw her first show from all levels, all angles -- and it was great no matter where you sat. Her second show I saw only once about ten rows from the stage.

Question: When you ask for "what's available" to shows, do they charge you RCs for them?

And if not, do you have any RCs in your account at the time?

I ask this because my one experience trying to ask a host for tickets was a failure. This was when I had just achieved 7 Stars in 2012, and I had played heavily in a period of 3 days to make it. (This, of course, was before bonus tiers existed.)

She sounded very cooperative and called me back with 3 seats to Jersey Boys that I had been requesting -- in a good location.

"I just need your permission to charge $768 in RCs from your account, and they're yours," she said.

My heart sank. That was the retail price for those seats.

I asked why I couldn't just have them comped, and she said I had to use all of my RCs first before she could do this. "But don't worry... I'll take care of you once you use them all."

I told her thanks but no thanks. I walked over to Total Rewards, found out that you could get 2 comp seats to Jersey Boys as a Seven Stars anyway, then went to the Jersey Boys box office and bought the 3rd one with RCs (like $170, mid-grade seats). Then I asked them to upgrade all 3 seats because I was Seven Stars, and after the agent consulted her supervisor, she came out with great seats.

I gave those 3 seats to my parents and sister, who were in town at the time.

So I was pleased with myself for getting even better seats for $170 total RCs instead of $768, but this was a sad and harsh introduction to what hosts will and won't do for you when you have excess RCs at the moment.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by HKMHORNS View Post
    I got this list a week or so ago at Harrahs and the lady at the players club added 3 shows from Rio that were not on the list. Penn & Teller was one she added so you can still get free tickets for that one. I believe MJ Live was another and I am drawing a blank on the 3rd.
    Good to know.

I saw the same list last month, and asked the same question, and they said no other shows were added. Probably yet another misinformed TR employee (on my end, not yours).

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Question: When you ask for "what's available" to shows, do they charge you RCs for them?

And if not, do you have any RCs in your account at the time?
    I am sure there must have been a time when I was charged RCs but for the most part I saw the shows as part of "offers" or when there were spare tickets. Keep in mind the spare tickets could have been anywhere in the Colosseum and not necessarily "the best seats." It didn't matter -- I was happy to see the show no matter where I sat.

For the offers/promotions I always sat up front. For opening weekend, I was fifth row center.

I am sure there must have been a time when I was charged RCs but for the most part I saw the shows as part of "offers" or when there were spare tickets. Keep in mind the spare tickets could have been anywhere in the Colosseum and not necessarily "the best seats." It didn't matter -- I was happy to see the show no matter where I sat.

For the offers/promotions I always sat up front. For opening weekend, I was fifth row center.
    Yeah, offers/promos are different. I was talking about when you just ask them for tickets. I'm surprised you didn't monitor your RCs. Have you seen my posts here about how RCs are often erroneously deducted from your account, especially during hotel stays?

I have "lost" several hundreds of dollars of RCs due to erroneous charges, and recovered them only after diligently keeping track of them.

Keep in mind that I'm hardly the unluckiest TR member in the world, as several of my friends have had the exact same experience.

If you don't stay in the hotels, it's unlikely to happen, but you should really be careful because RCs can vanish without you knowing.

How often do they find "spare" tickets for you? I am considering going in and asking for them, though I'm afraid I might be laughed out of the host's office because I've barely played in 2014.

Like I said, I am sure there was a time when I was charged RCs but for the most part they were just "spare tickets" that my host gave me.

Of the 12 times I saw Celine, I am going to estimate that 6 times were on "offers," and there were 5 when I just asked for tickets, and then the one time when I was in the hosts office and the high roller was pissed off.

I do monitor my account carefully, especially at check out, and always ask for my balance of RCs remaining.

Dan, either you are the unluckiest TR member on the planet or else someone has it out for you. I've never had RCs just "vanish." (Except for the time a host used my credits to pay for my sister-in-law's trip without my permission.)

You may not know this, but about a year or so ago Caesars altered how RCs were awarded. The "bonus credits" for video poker either disappeared or were cut depending on the game you played. Tier credits and "regular" RCs remain... but the "bonuses" were altered.

Like I said, I am sure there was a time when I was charged RCs but for the most part they were just "spare tickets" that my host gave me.

Of the 12 times I saw Celine, I am going to estimate that 6 times were on "offers," and there were 5 when I just asked for tickets, and then the one time when I was in the hosts office and the high roller was pissed off.

I do monitor my account carefully, especially at check out, and always ask for my balance of RCs remaining.

Dan, either you are the unluckiest TR member on the planet or else someone has it out for you. I've never had RCs just "vanish." (Except for the time a host used my credits to pay for my sister-in-law's trip without my permission.)

You may not know this, but about a year or so ago Caesars altered how RCs were awarded. The "bonus credits" for video poker either disappeared or were cut depending on the game you played. Tier credits and "regular" RCs remain... but the "bonuses" were altered.
    Yes, I know about how bonus RCs were altered, but I wasn't talking about that.

The biggest two culprits of RCs vanishing from my accounts are:

1) Mini bar charges (erroneous) charging my RCs without my knowledge. This even occurs when I verify at the front desk that no charges were made.

2) Internet erroneously charges my RCs when I should get it for free. (This usually happens because they forget to put a "media profile" on my reservation, but it's happened a few other times for different reasons.)

Like you, I also had an issue with RCs being used to pay for a 2nd room when it was supposed to be comped by my host. That was a nightmare, because my host was on vacation and couldn't be reached, and the host on duty was being an a-hole insisting, "RCs are still comps, so you're still getting a comp room", when it was clear that wasn't what was agreed upon beforehand.

That same host then looked into it more carefully and found that there was an error in how the room was coded, and sheepishly admitted I was right. But this was after hours of stressing out that I had been bait-and-switched regarding my "comp" 2nd room.

The issue with me is that my sister-in-law's host used my comps to pay my sister-in-law's bill because my sister-in-law said I was staying in her room. I wasn't even in Vegas that weekend. There were two boo-boos here:

1. My sister in law fibbed
    2. The host should have confirmed with me

I discovered that my account was missing credits that same weekend when I tried to get "free play" for reward credits at Rincon. That set off a chain of phone calls where I discovered my sister-in-law was in Vegas and.... (you know the rest).

Had I pursued this, the host would have been fired. So I didn't.

Instead I fired my sister-in-law. LOL

The issue with me is that my sister-in-law's host used my comps to pay my sister-in-law's bill because my sister-in-law said I was staying in her room. I wasn't even in Vegas that weekend. There were two boo-boos here:

1. My sister in law fibbed
    2. The host should have confirmed with me

I discovered that my account was missing credits that same weekend when I tried to get "free play" for reward credits at Rincon. That set off a chain of phone calls wh ere I discovered my sister-in-law was in Vegas and.... (you know the rest).

Had I pursued this, the host would have been fired. So I didn't.

Instead I fired my sister-in-law. LOL
    So your sister in law went to Vegas and tried to use your RCs to comp her room without your knowledge? Wow, really shady.

I would have been furious if someone did that to me. That's like stealing.

How did your wife handle this?

She didn't know what her sister did. And in all fairness to my sister-in-law, she didn't know that the host was taking RCs from my account. My sister-in-law fibbed about me being there thinking only that they would get some preferential treatment for reservations and stuff... not to loot my account.

She didn't know what her sister did. And in all fairness to my sister-in-law, she didn't know that the host was taking RCs from my account. My sister-in-law fibbed about me being there thinking only that they would get some preferential treatment for reservations and stuff... not to loot my account.
    Can we say with confidence your wife is not reading this forum? *raises eyebrow*

Not only does she not read this forum... she doesn't even watch my TV shows. And when one of my commercials comes on TV she changes the channel.

Thread Information