Thread: Rincon DDB - Quick TR 5/3

Hi, I'm new to this forum! I went to Rincon yesterday after reading this forum for a little bit and spent some time playing #3116 and other machines in that row. I usually play .25/.50/$1 DDB.

It was a pretty fun day, I hit a couple of straight flushes and a few different quads. Also watched the guy next to me hit 4 aces with a kicker in a $2 game for $4,000.

FYI the machine that is two to the left of #3116 in that row is 9/5 (even at 25 cents), whereas #3116 is 8/5. It was the only 9/5 machine I saw, but I didn't look that hard.

Name:  IMG_20140503_164103.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  36.6 KBName:  IMG_20140503_150605.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  34.9 KB

Hi redpudding. Thanks for joining and thanks for posting. There are still TWO and only TWO 9/5 DDB machines left at Rincon. As you noted, everything else for Double Double Bonus is 8/5 and at all denominations.

Gold
    Davo and I were at Rincon yesterday too and I played machine #3116 and got quad 2's on 50 cent DB and Quad Jacks on 50 cent TB. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

How was your trip to Vegas, Alan?

Question:

Why do you guys play DDB machines at Rincon?

The 9/5 machines return 97.87% and the 8/5 machines return 96.79%.

That's pretty bad.

You can play Aces and Faces Bonus Poker and get a 99.26% return, for as low as $1/credit. I know that's Alan's favorite game.

Why play a game with such inferior odds?

At a 96.78% machine, you will lose over FOUR TIMES AS QUICKLY as you will on the 99.26% Aces and Faces machine.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Nash... my trip to Vegas was good (and essential) because I had a lot to do there. But the gambling was not good. John from the Forum drove up with me as he had a promotion at Caesars (I am sure he will post about it).

On the way back we stopped at Gold Strike (see the Vegas section for another post on this) to play some craps (John had some lucky rolls) and we did OK there playing low limit craps. Then we got adventurous and since we were already on the 15 we took a detour to Rincon and arrived about 10pm to pick up our free play. I got lucky on #3116 and turned my $275 of free play into $600 cash on $1 Aces and Faces (a couple of quads but no big quads such as J,Q,K or A). John picked up some cash too and then the ride home.

Wow Alan, consider yourself A very lucky man. If you tried to come back from Vegas today
    it would be a long ride. The I-15 has been closed since 1:30pm today in Hesperia, due to a fire.
    The wood form material for a new bridge caught fire and is still burning right now. CHP says
    I-15 May be closed for the next 24 to 48 hours.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You can play Aces and Faces Bonus Poker and get a 99.26% return, for as low as $1/credit. I know that's Alan's favorite game.
    Actually you can play it at 25-cents per credit, as well as 50-cents per credit.

But those who want to play DDB are looking for the big hits... the quads with kickers.

Many times I've had small quads with a kicker.... AAAA, or 2222 or 3333, or 4444 and said "if I had only been playing DDB!"

fly2rei: I usually take Pearblossom between the 14 Freeway and the I-15 at Victorville and that is north of Hesperia... so I would have missed it if I was driving home. But had I tried to take the I-15 from Vegas to Rincon you're right, I would have been stuck detouring.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    fly2rei: I usually take Pearblossom between the 14 Freeway and the I-15 at Victorville and that is north of Hesperia... so I would have missed it if I was driving home. But had I tried to take the I-15 from Vegas to Rincon you're right, I would have been stuck detouring.
    Alan, like you, I also usually take the Pearblossom, but I have to admit it kinda scares me.

Much of that is one lane each direction, with passing allowed despite many dropoffs with poor visibility.

In 2001, I dated a girl from Victorville whose parents lived in Pinion Hills, so she took me on the 18/138 to get there. She told me a story of how one time she was driving on that road, and saw a bad head-on collision when a car had been attempting to pass, but didn't back get over in time. She got out of the car and tried to help, but saw the mangled, dead bodies of people in both cars. I can't get that story out of my head when I drive on it.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan I have to admit that I drive Pearblossom with a great deal of caution. But in the last year or so, they have turned that route into a four lane road in many sections (two in each direction) and that makes it safer and also faster. Still there is that section with the "dips" that is only two-lanes, poor visibility, and is also susceptible to flooding. And if you look closely you will see the markers where there have been fatal accidents.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan I have to admit that I drive Pearblossom with a great deal of caution. But in the last year or so, they have turned that route into a four lane road in many sections (two in each direction) and that makes it safer and also faster. Still there is that section with the "dips" that is only two-lanes, poor visibility, and is also susceptible to flooding. And if you look closely you will see the markers where there have been fatal accidents.
    Yes, it has improved, but as you said, there is still a scary section.

And then I'm stuck behind a slow car and have to choose between impatience and safety.

Sadly, impatience usually wins, and I just hold my breath as I pass them by those drop offs.

Thread Information