I recently stayed Caesars Palace for my DIAMOND ASPIRATION Level 1: 40,000 Tier Credits reward. I used it for only 2 of the 4 days I could have stayed. When I checked in they told me that I had a $100 folio credit with my offer and all I had to do was to make charges to the room. When I got to my room it was dirty and there were items missing from the mini-bar snacks so I called the front desk and they said that I was not being charged for the missing items and they were sorry that the room was dirty and that they would tell housekeeping and give me an additional $50.00 folio credit. I purchased items at a gift shop and charged them to the room. I also had breakfast with a friend and charged it to the room. When I went to check out; I was told that the folio credit was for food and drink ONLY at Caesars owned restaurants; the gift store purchases were not covered and the breakfast was at a third party restaurant (Central) and was not covered. So I returned the items to the gift store. While I was there someone else was also returning items for the same reason (not covered in their folio credit). What do you do when you find out at checkout, after eating a big breakfast. You do what I did. You check out and tell them they can keep their credits. A very disappointing trip that left me very unhappy.