Thread: Elliot Rodger

Wow... all of these YouTube videos. Were these clues that he would be a killer, or -- if you saw them prior to the killings -- would you think these were an attempt at humor?

No one ever cares about any of these mass shootings until the hoopla begins afterwards. This guy posted disturbing videos and he even looks like a weird bird. But being that Californians are so wrapped up in themselves and their image, no one would give a hoot about what this guy did or said until afterwards. Even now, the majority of folks don't care. See if Nancy Pelosi can find the time to mention it without bumble-mouthing the words like she usually does. These things are a way of life these days and probably will keep up for decades to come. No amount of warnings or suspecting will do a thing. Sorry to say.

Rob, you have me scratching my head here. Of course no one cares about mass shootings until the hoopla begins afterwards. You can't care about a mass shooting until after it happens.

And regarding the videos he posted in advance of his rampage? There are lots of crazy things posted on YouTube and had this guy not gone on a rampage would you have taken it seriously or would you have viewed it as part of a character routine for a kid trying to create a following for the last college virgin?

With all of the whacky stuff online, it's hard to tell what is reality and what is just someone's attempt to create a fan base. Heck, for all I knew prior to the shootings, this guy's next step might have been to auction off his virginity on eBay.

I think people OUGHT to be more concerned about mass killings in order to even begin to reduce them. More concern = more awareness. Maybe people would take these nutty You Tube videos seriously if this were the case. Look at how neurotic the schools have become over toy guns, rubber knives, etc. etc. It's a lot of work but if it pays off just once, people will say it was worth the effort. You Tube needs to be policed in some manner, and people need to learn to speak out if they believe even the slightest negative posting has a 1% chance of turning deadly.

Banned
    The Great White North ................. w/o having to come to ................. Alaska!
    Tell your kid that the overwhelming majority of life happens as an adult past the age of 21, so don't take anything that happens as a teenager too seriously. The radical feelings will pass.

Other than that, don't fill the house with weapons and ammunition?

Thread Information