Thread: Question about the June 28 Rincon Millionaire Drawing

I just opened my mailer for the June 28 event. They hired Robin Leach to be master of ceremonies to announce the winner, and there is going to be some sort of dinner and party for invited guests (probably a couple thousand invited guests).

The mailer discusses the million dollar drawing at 11pm but there is no mention of any other drawings? Usually on the last Saturday night of the month they have hourly drawings for $1,000 of free play. Are there no other drawings on this particular Saturday night? Is there just one drawing for one million and nothing else?

I've checked with three sources at Rincon: two floor supervisors plus the Total Rewards desk and all three say that yes, there will be hourly drawings for $1,000 free play each hour. As usual, there will be five winners picked each hour for $1,000 each of free play. When I asked why this hasn't been promoted -- and only the million dollar drawing has been promoted -- the answer I got from Total Rewards is that "all the attention is about the million dollars."

To be honest, I don't think I stand a snowball's chance on Las Vegas Blvd at noon on August 15th to be drawn for the million dollars -- but I've been picked for the $1,000 free play drawings before. If there weren't the hourly drawings I wouldn't even bother showing up.

Alan

My host sent me this when I asked about the dinner:

We are having a VIP Dinner event at The Event Center at 5pm. You must register for the dinner between 2pm and 5pm at The Event Center. You will also be invited back to The Event Center at 10pm for out VIP Party. The party will be hosted by Robin Leach. At 11pm the winner will be announced, and they will have 10 minutes to claim or another name will be called.

You will have to swipe your card at the Promotional Kiosk before 8pm to activate all your drawings and be eligible for the $1 Million prize.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to your visit.

If you and the Nash's are going we should meet up.

Aaron

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I am now being told by Rincon that there will NOT be the hourly $1, 000 free play drawings on June 28. Only the million dollar drawing will be held. Somehow incorrect info had been released.

It is so misleading

The YEAR OF THE MILLIONAIRE page states:

Plus, we’re still holding $100,000 drawings the last Saturday of every month! 51 winners!
    Every hour 1pm – 10pm, five people will win $1,000 free play.
    At 11pm, someone will win $50,000 CASH!
    See the Total Rewards Center for more details.

http://www.harrahsresortsoutherncali...l#.U6t165RdV8E

Even Rincon's own supervisors and Total Rewards staffers had it wrong. So to repeat: NO free play drawings June 28.

Gold
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Even Rincon's own supervisors and Total Rewards staffers had it wrong. So to repeat: NO free play drawings June 28.
    COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN

I wonder if they are going to call the winner's name from the VIP party or from the promotions desk where they usually announce it. That could be a 'CF" too especially since the lucky winner has only 10 minutes to claim the prize.

Aaron,

We are still planning on going as we have reserved a room for the night. Look for us by the video poker.

I am sure Robin Leach will be calling the winner's name from the party in the ballroom and it will be carried on the loudspeakers as other drawings are. Remember, they have set up locations to present yourself as the winner including the Total Rewards Desk, high limit cage, regular cage, promotions desk, etc.

I just wonder how many "regulars" are going to show up on Saturday expecting the 50 $1,000 drawings?

So here we are a year later, and I see no mention of the normal last Saturday of the month 5 winners
    Per hour of $1,000 free play. Just 1 person will win $1,000,000.00. Anybody hear anything different?

I would not be surprised if they dropped the hourly winners. I think they dropped the hourly winners for the New Year's Million Dollar drawing. I think attendance was actually lower than expected at the New Year's event because of this.

My mailer does not say anything about an hourly winner.
    It does say that it is a multiplier day.
    And there is a dinner.

Gold
    We went through this similar thread in June of 2014 for the millionaire drawing. There were no hourly drawings, just the millionaire drawing.
    There is 10X multiplier on slots and table games and 5X on video poker between 6 am - 8 pm. There is a VIP dinner in the events center (invitation only)
    and you have to call ahead and make an event registration (they will give you a 12 digit code). Registration is 4 PM - 6 PM. Dinner @ 6 PM.
    Personally I thought the dinner they had last year was bad and I really think people would rather have free play in lieu of the dinner.

My mailer has Saturday Jun 27 as drawing with 10x multiplier. As I am not a 7* and only a lowly Diamond (not even aspiration), I didn't get a mailer for SUNDAY Jun 28. Is that when the millionaire drawing is?

The drawing is Saturday night.

Thread Information