Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprise, surprise... marketing partnership between Starwood & Caesars mostly USELESS

FAB the option you chose cost you $100 out of pocket. Sorry. That's the reality.

Let me clarify some of the thinking here. Reward credits and cash are simply different kinds of currency with different risks involved in their use. The degree to which one stashes and uses RCs in favorable situations versus using them ASAP depends on one's perception of their vulnerability versus US dollars, which are more or less invulnerable.

I'm somewhere in the middle, as I am always aware that seemingly established comp systems and stashed rewards can disappear tonight. But I refuse to blow comps or credits at a bad ratio simply because the possibility exists that they could disappear.

I'll keep comps/free play stashed to a point, but that point is pretty low. The most I have stashed anywhere right now is about $400 at the Palms. If that bit the dust tonight, I would feel stupid, as that is a bit more than I prefer to have at risk at one property. But I'm not so hyper that I will blow it next week on retail or something. I'll wait for a reasonable deal. Movies, by the way, seem like a good option at the Palms.

Redietz that was well said. Right now I have four $500 TR gift cards. If I could use them for free play immediately I would. I also have another card with $173 remaining. Any other comp credits I have I immediately convert to free play.

Comp dollars are not legal tender for all debts public and private. Stash them at your own risk.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    The most I have stashed anywhere right now is about $400 at the Palms.
    I never carry a point balance unless the redemption structure incentivizes me to do so. At Palms, I redeem for free play after every session. But I suspect you may be referring to "old points," which are comps-only.

At CET, my redemption rate for free play is severely disadvantaged (I'm gold-level), so I bank my RCs because it's the best of my bad options.

9 inch snails thanks for joining.

You hit it on the 9-inch nail, 9-inch snails. Most of my Palms is old points. I've been working on using them for two years now -- and it's slow going. I don't really love the Palms restaurants.

FAB

Next time you are in New Orleans, just ask a host to give you a comp slip for Drago or another Harrah's "Partner" restaurants. They do not take your RC for the comps. Harrah's NO is only place so far in the Caesars system that will allow hosts to "comp" players. Everywhere else you need to use your RC first.

I have taken many 7-Stars trips and non 7-Stars trips to NO and I have ate at many restaurants from Emeral's to Chef Paul to Drago's and never use my RC. Even with the 50,000 RC they deposit in my account for 7-Star trips. I love going to NO for the food. Gaming wise, eeh.

AhhCraps

Originally Posted by AhhCraps View Post
    Next time you are in New Orleans, just ask a host to give you a comp slip for Drago or another Harrah's "Partner" restaurants. They do not take your RC for the comps.
    Being realistic, how much play do you have to give them to get these -- what I would call -- "bonus comps"?

Thread Information