Thread: Fact-Checking The Fedomalley Challenge

I was going to put this up anyway, but I just saw more bogus/misleading information about this challenge on a new LVA thread, so this will be more than timely.

A poster "thlf" who was bush in his desire to see this challenge happen earlier, made this statement: "And I see by reading the latest on Alans Forum that you seem to have agreed over and over with singers terms and yet he still keeps changing them. Now he come's out with a completely different challenge altogether." So let's fact-check it.

--My first term, which Dan agreed that he forgot to address, was a $300,000 escrow. Dan disagreed with it, so I lowered it to $75,000. Dan disagreed again & said he wouldn't go with anything other than $30,000, so I agreed with it.

--My next term was to play in both Laughlin & LV. Dan disagreed with that, so I agreed to play in LV only.

--My next term was, if Dan could not come up with an escrow larger than $30,000, he should go out to all his AP friends whom he is always saying how he "knows they win" money every year playing with an "advantage", and get them to back him on this bet. Dan disagreed with that, and he became testy at my mention of this possible option.

--My next term was to stop playing once the escrow limit amount was attained in profit from my play, because if I were to win more money there would be no more dollar-for-dollar match from Dan to me (as Dan said would be the case for the entire scope of my play)--thanks wholly to the fact that Dan would not put down more escrow like I asked. Dan disagreed with that, saying I should be happy taking his $30k only.

--So what was it that Dan actually agreed with? That I either play 30 hours OR 15,000 hands because both requirements are really independent from one another: his choice! He chose 15,000 hands.....and I agreed!

And the "different challenge altogether"? Simply a well-prepared alternative IDEA to the incomplete and poorly thought out original that Dan rattled off in an apparent emotional moment, during yet ANOTHER LVA discussion about me. Nothing more than an example to how I would have gone about presenting something like this if I were going up against a resourceful professional such as myself.

Dan, arci, thlf, mrmarcus and the rest: I'd file this one under Lessons Learned if I were you guys.....
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 06-29-2011 at 11:19 AM.

I would file this under "be careful to step in yet another big pile of RS b******t". Because that's what it is Mister Singer even if you don't like to hear it. Dan talked about 30.000 escrow from nearly the beginning of this challange. You came up with the insane amount of 300.000. Dan stated from the beginning, come to Vegas and he never talked about Laughlin, not even in the original offer. If Dan is making a bet why would he have to include other people? It looks like you just enjoy to be in a big fight with just about everybody. Dan is not obligated to life up to your demands. He is making the offer for a bet, it's your choice to take it or leave it. You're simply not in the position to demand anything and it surprises me you even have the idea you can demand anything. You have been twisting thing around from the get go. PERIOD.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 06-29-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Offensive word changed.

Originally Posted by Vegas_lover View Post
    I would file this under "be careful to step in yet another big pile of RS b******t". Because that's what it is Mister Singer even if you don't like to hear it. Dan talked about 30.000 escrow from nearly the beginning of this challange. You came up with the insane amount of 300.000. Dan stated from the beginning, come to Vegas and he never talked about Laughlin, not even in the original offer. If Dan is making a bet why would he have to include other people? It looks like you just enjoy to be in a big fight with just about everybody. Dan is not obligated to life up to your demands. He is making the offer for a bet, it's your choice to take it or leave it. You're simply not in the position to demand anything and it surprises me you even have the idea you can demand anything. You have been twisting thing around from the get go. PERIOD.
    This part is funny: "Dan talked about 30.000 escrow from nearly the beginning of this challange" From NEARLY the beginning? Well that part's right--it was RIGHT AFTER I proposed the ORIGINAL $300,000 escrow. Duh!

Let's see, what's next? Oh! Dan didn't mention Laughlin. Bingo you're right--I did! And as I said, DAN DISAGREED WITH THAT AND I GAVE IN. OOPS!

Now onto the "other people". Dan doesn't have the cheese to go up against me in the way he proposed, so I suggested he find some backers because I'd REALLY like to do this challenge and put him in his place. OOPS again!

Give it another try.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 06-29-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Offensive word change that was quoted from the original post.

Giving it another try doesn't bring anything new to the table. It's like shouting into a def man's ear. Your people skills indicate you are both def and blind.....let's just leave it at that. Feel free to respond because I have no doubt you will anyhow........with another little dancing around....

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    This part is funny: "Dan talked about 30.000 escrow from nearly the beginning of this challange" From NEARLY the beginning? Well that part's right--it was RIGHT AFTER I proposed the ORIGINAL $300,000 escrow. Duh!

Let's see, what's next? Oh! Dan didn't mention Laughlin. Bingo you're right--I did! And as I said, DAN DISAGREED WITH THAT AND I GAVE IN. OOPS!
    Yes, right after you came up with the original INSANE escrow amount of 300.000
    You can keep on trying to make people believe that's a realistic amount, you and I and the rest of the world that has any experience with gambling knows that your proposal is nore here nore there!

Dan disagreed with Laughlin, that's right. What you fail to understand is that he has every right to disagree with that because it wasn't part of the offer he made from the beginning. He clearly stated "come to Las Vegas........". It is you that don't want to see that, nothing more, nothing less. You have to come with better arguments than this. Because this is just the same malarkey you've been repeating over and over and over and over and over......
    Last edited by Vegas_lover; 06-29-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Thread Information