Thread: Fact-Checking The Fedomalley Challenge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was going to put this up anyway, but I just saw more bogus/misleading information about this challenge on a new LVA thread, so this will be more than timely.

A poster "thlf" who was bush in his desire to see this challenge happen earlier, made this statement: "And I see by reading the latest on Alans Forum that you seem to have agreed over and over with singers terms and yet he still keeps changing them. Now he come's out with a completely different challenge altogether." So let's fact-check it.

--My first term, which Dan agreed that he forgot to address, was a $300,000 escrow. Dan disagreed with it, so I lowered it to $75,000. Dan disagreed again & said he wouldn't go with anything other than $30,000, so I agreed with it.

--My next term was to play in both Laughlin & LV. Dan disagreed with that, so I agreed to play in LV only.

--My next term was, if Dan could not come up with an escrow larger than $30,000, he should go out to all his AP friends whom he is always saying how he "knows they win" money every year playing with an "advantage", and get them to back him on this bet. Dan disagreed with that, and he became testy at my mention of this possible option.

--My next term was to stop playing once the escrow limit amount was attained in profit from my play, because if I were to win more money there would be no more dollar-for-dollar match from Dan to me (as Dan said would be the case for the entire scope of my play)--thanks wholly to the fact that Dan would not put down more escrow like I asked. Dan disagreed with that, saying I should be happy taking his $30k only.

--So what was it that Dan actually agreed with? That I either play 30 hours OR 15,000 hands because both requirements are really independent from one another: his choice! He chose 15,000 hands.....and I agreed!

And the "different challenge altogether"? Simply a well-prepared alternative IDEA to the incomplete and poorly thought out original that Dan rattled off in an apparent emotional moment, during yet ANOTHER LVA discussion about me. Nothing more than an example to how I would have gone about presenting something like this if I were going up against a resourceful professional such as myself.

Dan, arci, thlf, mrmarcus and the rest: I'd file this one under Lessons Learned if I were you guys.....
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 06-29-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Thread Information