Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where can 99.54% JoB be found at the $5 denomination at CET properties for full tiers

I was trying to find them, and I wasn't having much success.

I did find a few in the Reno/Tahoe market, as well as Harrah's New Orleans and Harrah's North Kansas City.

Any others?

I'm talking about $5 ($25 per hand at max coin) JoB games where you still earn one tier credit per $10.

I was looking here: http://vpfree2.com
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Just curious. Do you get any enjoyment out of JOB? I would rather kill myself than play a boring game like JOB where the only win is the Royal.

Are you just playing for the comps with no room for enjoyment?

Dan I don't think you will find it. At Rincon, 9/6 Jacks no longer exists -- period. At Caesars they have 9/6 Jacks but the game requires $25 coin in for 1 tier credit, and not $10 for one tier credit as you find on other machines.

HOWEVER there may be one exception-- and just one. And someone who goes to Caesars will have to check this out and report back:

In the high limit slots room there is a wall of video poker machines. The single line games are all $25/coin or $100 per coin. In the corner, against the exterior wall is a SINGLE $5/$10 per coin game with Jacks and Bonus on it. The last time I was there it did NOT have the sign saying it was $25 coin in per tier credit.

A little background: this is the machine that I loved to play at the $5 level and I played Bonus on it. It also has 9/6 Jacks. I know that there was an oversight on this machine when Caesars made the other 8/5 Bonus games require $25 coin in per tier point, because this machine still gave you one tier point for $10 coin in. However, a few months ago, Caesars switched the old slant top machine out for the new upright machines that they are now installing. When I looked at the new upright model, I did not see the $25 coin in sign. So I don't know if the lack of a $25 coin in sign was an oversight or if indeed that machine is the last one and the only one to give still one tier point per $10 coin in. If the sign is missing, then maybe this is the machine you are looking for.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan I don't think you will find it. At Rincon, 9/6 Jacks no longer exists -- period. At Caesars they have 9/6 Jacks but the game requires $25 coin in for 1 tier credit, and not $10 for one tier credit as you find on other machines.

HOWEVER there may be one exception-- and just one. And someone who goes to Caesars will have to check this out and report back:

In the high limit slots room there is a wall of video poker machines. The single line games are all $25/coin or $100 per coin. In the corner, against the exterior wall is a SINGLE $5/$10 per coin game with Jacks and Bonus on it. The last time I was there it did NOT have the sign saying it was $25 coin in per tier credit.

A little background: this is the machine that I loved to play at the $5 level and I played Bonus on it. It also has 9/6 Jacks. I know that there was an oversight on this machine when Caesars made the other 8/5 Bonus games require $25 coin in per tier point, because this machine still gave you one tier point for $10 coin in. However, a few months ago, Caesars switched the old slant top machine out for the new upright machines that they are now installing. When I looked at the new upright model, I did not see the $25 coin in sign. So I don't know if the lack of a $25 coin in sign was an oversight or if indeed that machine is the last one and the only one to give still one tier point per $10 coin in. If the sign is missing, then maybe this is the machine you are looking for.
    Thanks, I will look for this and run a few credits through and see how many tiers I earn.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Just curious. Do you get any enjoyment out of JOB? I would rather kill myself than play a boring game like JOB where the only win is the Royal.

Are you just playing for the comps with no room for enjoyment?
    Main reason I play is to earn Seven Stars as cheaply as possible.

Secondary reason is to have fun. However, I have the least fun when I lose badly. The problem with 8-5 bonus is that there is still too much variance. If you don't hit the "good" quads or better, you will usually do poorly.

I thought to build tier points the quickest was 8/5. Not 9/6. I'm confused

Dan is correct that playing 9/6 Jacks is the cheapest way to build tier points. But the last time I played $5 9/6 Jacks I was dealt AAAA for $625 instead of getting $2000 on 8/5 Bonus.

So, Allen. What be the next best?

Originally Posted by Vpnewbie View Post
    So, Allen. What be the next best?
    8/5 Aces and Faces at Rincon has a slightly higher return than 8/5 Bonus. The games are available as low as 25-cents per coin and go up to $25 per coin. I made 7-Stars this year playing $2 Aces and Faces and I hit a royal which allowed me to make 7 Stars with a profit.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm headed there now.

Just got back from Harrah's Rincon. I only saw one Game King vp machine that was 1,2, or $5. It was in the high roller room. One lady was playing it the whole time I was there. With her stack of hundred dollar bills I didn't have a chance at it. We were there last night and I would swear there were more of those machines. I don't know if they were moved or if I;m mistaken. Most of the vp that had multi poker games were 25 cents-$1. I found one that had Aces and faces it was 10/4. I saw some 9/5. I thought the norm was 8/5 or 9/6. I'm a newbie so If I'm wrong, please correct me. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Aces and Faces and Jacks or Better?

In the video poker section are several "uprights" with 8/5 Bonus and 8/5 Aces and Faces at levels ranging from 25-cents up to $5.
    In the high limit room where the $5 progressives there are Game Kings where you can select $5 Aces and Faces.
    I haven't been in the no smoking section recently but they used to have at least one Aces and Faces machine.

Alan do you know the difference between Aces and Faces, and Jacks or Better?

Alan do you know the difference between Aces and Faces, and Jacks or Better?
    Aces and Faces is like Bonus Poker, except with Aces and Faces the bigger payoffs are on the quad Jacks, Queens and Kings instead of the quad 2s, 3s, and 4s in Bonus. What makes Aces and Faces a slightly better paying game is that you will hold a single Jack, Queen or King in Aces and Faces, but you will never hold a single 2, 3 or 4 in Bonus.

Cool, thanks!

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Aces and Faces is like Bonus Poker, except with Aces and Faces the bigger payoffs are on the quad Jacks, Queens and Kings instead of the quad 2s, 3s, and 4s in Bonus. What makes Aces and Faces a slightly better paying game is that you will hold a single Jack, Queen or King in Aces and Faces, but you will never hold a single 2, 3 or 4 in Bonus.
    I remember when I was going to Rincon a lot late last year, and you mentioned liking Aces and Faces the best. Instead, I chose to play 99.40% return ACE$ instead of Aces and Faces, which is 99.26%.

I think that I am going to start taking the Alan approach, as the problem with ACE$ is that it's so unlikely to hit (FAR less than a Royal) that you are unlikely to ever get it if you're only running 20,000 hands like I am. To show you how unlikely, I only have about a 6.6% chance of hitting ACE$ when I run 20,000 hands of VP! So I could play my usual allocation of video poker for 15 years, and would only be likely to hit ACE$ once. I could easily never hit ACE$, even if I played 20,000 hands of VP per year for the rest of my life.

Therefore, I think I will stick with the less-variance approach and just do Aces and Faces in the future. I think Rincon is still my best bet to run my VP hands at the moment, as Vegas has destroyed the tier credits at the JoB machines (unless that one machine is still there at Caesar's), and everywhere else is too far. I wish Tahoe was closer to me, because they have the 99.54% JoB with regular tier earnings, and I like to ski. The 500 mile drive each way is brutal, though.

This is an excellent VP discussion with no B.S. or unnecessary criticism thrown in. Kudos, y'all.

Dan: when I am in Vegas I play very little video poker -- period. I go there to play "real craps" which you can't do in California as you know.

For players who are not part of the Caesars Total Rewards system, Pechanga had lots of "full pay" games at DDB and Bonus and even 9/6 Jacks when I was last there about a year ago. I heard that many higher limit DDB and JOB players left Rincon to play at Pechanga -- and I guess they were not Total Rewards players and had no interest in Bonus or Aces and Faces. I know when the $100 machines were taken out those players went to Pechanga.

You are all very seasoned video poker players. I'm a newbie. Has anyone heard of videopokertrainer.org. I've been using this a training tool.

You are all very seasoned video poker players. I'm a newbie. Has anyone heard of videopokertrainer.org. I've been using this a training tool.
    I found Aces and Faces on it here: http://www.videopokertrainer.org/aces-and-faces.php

I also looked at the free trainer and used the trainer for Bonus Poker. I like that it's free, but they have it hoping you will play for real money.

Thread Information