Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Hit and Run report

Probably right Alan. They would have been playing only greater than 100% machines--thereby guaranteeing them a profit regardless if it were real money or those life-saving +EV phantom bucks.

Actually the real question is was I ever ahead? Yes. In the first few hands I had a couple two pair that raised my credits to $960. So had I been playing with money I could cash out I could have had a $30 profit.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    What if the flash goes off, which is what happened? Still no ticket even if the camera triggered?
    Then maybe things have changed. My info on this is some years old.

You should try to fight this ticket with a trial by declaration. Nothing to lose except a bit of time.

Obviously you need to wait and see if you get the ticket in the first place.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Obviously you need to wait and see if you get the ticket in the first place.
    There are lots of articles on the web to help scofflaws avoid paying the ticket but frankly if I get it, I will pay it.

Yes, I wonder if I will actually get a ticket. About two years ago I stopped just past the stop line at an intersection and the light went off but no ticket. I later found out that the ticket is for continuous motion -- and not for merely stopping past the stop line. About five years ago I made a left turn on red which triggered another camera flash -- and I was as guilty as could be (the left turn arrow had changed from green to red). But never got a ticket and I later found out that the camera was defective.

If you get a ticket just pay the fine and move on. Those who believe in fighting tickets are probably chronic law breakers on the road. Fighting them is almost always a waste of time, and only those who think the roads are only for them and no one else, whine about it. Speaking of that, I spent many years driving mostly strong V8's, always being irritated that the guy in front of me would not just "get out of the way" so I could get to my destination ASAP. But these days, I enjoy driving no faster than the speed limit (it's a "limit" after all, is it not?) And there is never a day, no matter how few miles my quick trip may be, that my driving does not agitate and bother all the rat-racers that I've learned not to give two sh*ts about. I no longer tailgate because I am NEVER in a hurry, and whenever anyone tailgates me, cuts me off angrily, or flips me off I couldn't care less. The best part? Whenever I see someone pulled over getting written up, I smile and at times, give a few appreciative honks as I go by.

I haven't had a speeding ticket since college... more than 40 years ago. I'm afraid of speed. 70 is too fast for me but I have a problem with tbe slowpokes going 45 on the freeways.

What scares me is the Indy 500 dash to Primm with Californians driving to Vegas.

I can't speak for states other than Illinois, but here, it doesn't matter how the car is titled or insured or who is driving. If the car is ticketed the owner is liable if the actual driver doesn't pay the ticket. Failure to pay the ticket and they won't renew your license.

Of course, like everything else in Illinois and more specifically Chicago, they now have found that the cameras were not working properly and people were getting wrongly ticketed. So now at certain intersections that were found to be crooked, all the tickets are being thrown out. It just never ends here.

I've driven from LA to LV about 5 times, and I think the avg. speed once you finally get out of the traffic, is 85-90. Back in the day I'd keep up with and even pass most cars. Today I'd sit back, relax, and simply let everyone speed right on by. That's the main thing I like about driving this rig. It won't go fast anyway and I wouldn't drive it fast if it could, and there's always a line of angrys behind me who know there's nothing they can do about it. The nicest people in the world can turn into animals once they get behind the wheel. But once they zoom by me when there's a break, they don't give us a second thought. It's all about them--the road was built only for the yuppies.

Yuppies, Rob? I haven't seen that term used since the 1980s. And all those Yuppies from the 1980s are now about to collect social security... or already have started.

Yes, and that would be me

Alan, how many hours did it take you to get platinum in a day?

Originally Posted by Vpnewbie View Post
    Alan, how many hours did it take you to get platinum in a day?
    I have no idea.

When Caesars was bought by Harrahs I was given a Diamond card. The next year it was 7 Stars.

I didn't know they had a "platinum in a day" promo. I thought it was only for attaining diamond. However, playing for slot card status instead of using a strategy to win MONEY is very unwise and will not help you become a winning vp player.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I didn't know they had a "platinum in a day" promo. I thought it was only for attaining diamond. However, playing for slot card status instead of using a strategy to win MONEY is very unwise and will not help you become a winning vp player.
    I didnt know there was platinum in a day either. And you should never play for comps. Just take the comps as they come.

funny story: when Caesars was first taken over by Harrah's we were unfamiliar with the system. Also, I didnt know that I was a "diamond" in the new system. So my wife and I arrived at Caesars late at night and the lines were long. I saw the "platinum" line which was short and I figured I must be "platinum" in the new system.

When I was called up to the desk I gave my driver license to the clerk for check in and to get my new "card." He looks at my license, then looks in the computer, and then becomes very nervous and picks up the phone and mutters something. Next thing I know a supervisor walks out and says Mr M you are one of our Diamond players and welcome.

Apparently, and I didnt know this, when the Harrah's takeover of Caesars was made the Caesars employees were told that Diamond players were something really special -- so this poor young kid working the check in desk panicked when we showed up.

Of course it's different now. Diamond "status" doesn't matter nor does 7 Stars. Sometimes the 7 Stars lines are longer than the others.

And then there was the time I was waiting for a table at Nero's at Caesars. We had a reservation and were waiting for our table when this young guy and his girl push to the front and he announces, "Im a 7 stars, we'd like a table." And the hostess says "do you have a reservation?" And the guy says "no, I'm 7 stars." And the hostess says, "I'm sorry, nothing is available till 10pm." So the guy in a huff turns to me and says "in Atlantic City we 7 stars have no problem getting a table." And I said to him "look around. Everyone here is 7 Stars. It means nothing. You still need a reservation."

Reminds me of many years ago, before everything was under the Caesars umbrella. At the Flamingo, the 2 restaurants were the Flamingo Room and the beef baron (remember those). Anyway, there were no tiers--they just gave the big players a line pass. So we walk up to the Flamingo Room and the wait is over an hour and I say to the young lady I was with who is now my wife--"WATCH THIS". And I take her to the head of the line and she's all upset going you can't do that. And we walk up to the front, flash the card, and get taken right in. She never got used to that over all the years we did that before the tier system. But I always got a kick out of the dirty looks and nasty comments we got.

Maybe I'm wrong and it was diamond in a day. I remember reading something in a forum from a 2012??. Alan, you challenged yourself to get diamond in a day and took $500 and achieved it. Does that ring a bell?

No, that wasn't me regarding Diamond in a Day.

But wasn't the Diamond in a Day program discontinued?

rn this many Tier Credits in one day† AND GET AN ADDITIONAL...
    500 Tier Credits + 125 Tier Credit Bonus!
    1,000 Tier Credits + 1,000 Tier Credit Bonus!
    2,500 Tier Credits + 5,000 Tier Credit Bonus!
    Earns Platinum Status in one day!
    NEW! 5,000 Tier Credits + 10,000 Tier Credit Bonus!
    Earns Diamond Status in one day!

Okay Vpnewbie... yes you can earn Platinum or Diamond in a day. Just don't keep playing for the sake of getting tier points.

Alan, that top picture doesn't appear to be the 3116 machine that is on your ticket. The 3116 machine is a 25 cent machine not $1

Thread Information