Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Hit and Run report

Alan, I was at Rincon over the Labor day weekend. An older gentlemen to the right of 3116 got a Royal Flush monday morning. I think he was playing bonus poker. I asked if it was his first one of the year. He said, no .And it cost him a lot of money. He hadn't been playing on that machine for very long.

Originally Posted by Vpnewbie View Post
    Alan, I was at Rincon over the Labor day weekend. An older gentlemen to the right of 3116 got a Royal Flush monday morning. I think he was playing bonus poker. I asked if it was his first one of the year. He said, no .And it cost him a lot of money. He hadn't been playing on that machine for very long.
    So what is your point and why is this in this thread?

I'm a little discouraged to make anymore comments. I guess I had no point. I had never sat next to someone that gotten a royal flush before. I've only been paying for a hand full of months. Sorry for posting something so silly.

Originally Posted by Vpnewbie View Post
    I'm a little discouraged to make anymore comments. I guess I had no point. I had never sat next to someone that gotten a royal flush before. I've only been paying for a hand full of months. Sorry for posting something so silly.
    Your comments are welcome but I've asked you to start new threads rather than make comments in a thread on another subject. Several months ago, at the urging of several forum members, we started to try to keep threads "on subject."

Vpnewbie must be a woman

Another "little" hit and run report.

I had combined free play at Harrah's Rincon which totaled $345. My girlfriend joins me for the ride to Rincon -- she loves driving in the car to discuss business and politics and Sunday traffic was light. We arrived at Rincon before the 8am "trigger time" for the Sunday free play -- so we have breakfast there using a $30 food voucher. Great omelets. I added a side order of avocado.

Then to $1 8/5 Aces and Faces. She's only played and practiced 8/5 Bonus so I explained that 8/5 Aces and Faces is a slightly better game. Luck was with us again. Was dealt QQQ on one of the first hands and hit the quad for $200. Immediately hit the cash out button for $205. Played some more, got two full houses, cashed out some more tickets as the winners hit.

We now had $350 of cash out tickets in front of us when the meter read 200 dollars. And I said to her: we have run through our free play and we can hit the cash out button now and take the remaining $200 home. Or, we can continue playing that $200 and maybe we'll win more money -- or maybe we'll lose it. Maybe we'll hit a royal for $4,000 -- or maybe we'll be playing for the next hour. Maybe on the very next play we'll hit two pair and have an extra $5 or maybe we'll hit quad aces for $400. What do you want to do?

She looked at the $350 in tickets we had in front of us... and she hit the cash out button for another $200 and $550 total. We split it.

After we cashed in the tickets, we walked over to the Total Rewards desk and she signed up for her own TR card, and got $5 free play. We went back to the same Aces and Faces game and she played 25-cents per coin. She had four plays. She got a paying pair on two of the four plays and cashed out $2.50.

At 10am the promotions desk opened and we each tried the Monopoly promotional game -- each getting 500 reward credits ($5 in comps).

total take on this hit and run:

Breakfast $29 (paid for with food voucher) less $5 cash tip. Net gain $24. Plus I got my avocado for the day.
    Cashout from $345 of free play yielded $550 of cash.
    Cashout from $5 of new player free play yielded $2.50 cash.
    Monopoly promo yielded $10 comps.
    Kisses for showing a smart way to play = worth at least a million dollars.

Of course on the way back during the car ride I explained that this can't continue. Within a matter of months, if we kept doing this, the free play would disappear. She understood but said, "we have this money today."

Alan. Not to get off subject but whats with the avocado? Does it have something to do with diabetes?

Since my transplants I am no longer diabetic. Avocado has nutrients that help transplant patients.

Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Just out of curiosity although come to think of it I do have a cadaver ACL.

Alan, I'm wondering why you didn't run like $1500 through the $2 machine with the new TR card of your girlfriend's. That would have gotten her a lot of lucrative freeplay offers.

Unless you're not planning upon still being together a few months from now, of course.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Alan, I'm wondering why you didn't run like $1500 through the $2 machine with the new TR card of your girlfriend's. That would have gotten her a lot of lucrative freeplay offers.

Unless you're not planning upon still being together a few months from now, of course.
    That is not a bad idea. But we got her card as we were walking out Sunday so she could play the monopoly game. We arrived at Rincon a couple of hours before the promotions desk opened to have breakfast and to play.

Next time, yes, she will have her card and we can start building offers for her.

(Luckily my son, with about 85,000 tier points and would like to make 7 Stars doesn't read this. Otherwise he'd be saying, "gee Dad, why aren't you playing on my card?)

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    (Luckily my son, with about 85,000 tier points and would like to make 7 Stars doesn't read this. Otherwise he'd be saying, "gee Dad, why aren't you playing on my card?)
    Well ?????

I am not sure it is an advantage play, Arc. But playing on my girlfriend's card certainly does offer some advantages.

Thread Information