Thread: Room service at Caesars Palace

I frequently order room service at Caesars because I usually am awake all night and sleep during the day and the main restaurants are closed when I get hungry.

I noticed a change in room service over the past several months.

Now, the room service "waiter" or "server" (I don't know the correct title) delivers a speech along with the meal.

The speeches are similar and they must be trained or instructed to give this speech.

In years past the server would ask how are you enjoying your trip, and similar nice greetings....

But now it's a formal speech.

"Welcome to Caesars... I am your in room dining representative... thank you for being a valued player and for being a 7 Stars member... our chef sends his compliments... blah blah blah."

I think it's a nice touch, but usually I'm watching a movie and want them to hurry up, set up the stuff, and leave.

Alan, I had a similar experience there last week with drink service. I was playing at a machine and instead of a server simply asking if I would like a drink she also gave a speech. Something like.....Hello, my name is blah blah. Welcome to caesars palace. Thank you for joining us today. May I get you a beverage......
    I had to completely stop what I was doing and not only turn to acknowledge her but had to stay looking at her for the whole time. Very, very annoying. They also had new outfits that seemed to me to be an odd style.

If you ask me, I'd rather have an extra $10 of free play than all of that "customer service." LOL

I don't like things like this, because it's clearly a script and totally insincere.

I would rather they just get my food order correctly, deliver it promptly, drop it off, and leave.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Rather than all this complaining, why don't you guys DO something about it? If you want the room service stiff in & out, JUST TELL HIM you're pressed for time and you want him out now! You guys complain and moan so much and never do anything about it other than take a nice big stick up the wazoo every single time. You're the customer, you're the boss. Act like it.

Sometimes the room service attendant doesn't get a chance... I take the cart at the door, sign the check and send them on the way. It all depends who else is in the room.

Show up at the door only in your underwear and they'll be quick to leave....unless it's one of those lithpy-voiced mercy-hires with that sickening designer-delivery, who would LOVE to give you what the twisted fellow believes to be the best room service in town.

I've had more female servers than male servers. My favorite was "Alice of the Palace" who was quick and didn't give me a speech... but then my last visit from Alice was before the speeches started.

Thread Information