Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proceed with caution when using the Total Rewards Gift Card

Gold
    I spoke to her and she was off yesterday so I emailed her all the information and she said she would look into it when she returned to work.

Gold
    Heard from my host today. Here is what happened and why I was double charged.

She said we don't have to formally check out at VIP. She told me that her team checks out her players when they leave. We checked out at VIP and they swiped our gift card.
    When her team member checked us out he saw that we had enough RC'S to cover the room charges so he took them. The RC'S could not be used for the $10.00 tip so it went on our AMEX card.
    They have now reversed the charges on the Total Rewards gift card. She said she could give me back the RC'S but she would have to have the gift card in hand in order to recharge since it's already been
    reversed. I had her put a note on our account that in the future we will do our own check out.

Now imagine, if you can, if you simply booked your reservations online and did not bother with any useless host. You would then be completely in charge of everything about your visit and charges. Plus, you would not be on anyone's radar. Do you really need a "friend" that much? For ten bucks?

Gold
    Rob,

I am just curious.

Do you play with a players card?

Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Heard from my host today. Here is what happened and why I was double charged.

She said we don't have to formally check out at VIP. She told me that her team checks out her players when they leave. We checked out at VIP and they swiped our gift card.
    When her team member checked us out he saw that we had enough RC'S to cover the room charges so he took them. The RC'S could not be used for the $10.00 tip so it went on our AMEX card.
    They have now reversed the charges on the Total Rewards gift card. She said she could give me back the RC'S but she would have to have the gift card in hand in order to recharge since it's already been
    reversed. I had her put a note on our account that in the future we will do our own check out.
    This explanation is unacceptable.

The "team member" should not be taking your RCs without asking you. They are supposed to ask if you want to pay with RCs or some other way. That simple question would have identified the error and none of this would have happened.

Also, the statement that she checks you out by herself is garbage. That is also not true. The customer should always have a right to check out by themselves. What if you want to check out a day early? Should you be docked an extra day of non-play when you weren't even there? What if you want a final statement when you check out?

This host is clueless, or she's just making excuses to make you feel better.

Also, you should have been able to use the TR Gift card for the $10 tip. Are they going to reverse that on your AMEX? They should.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This explanation is unacceptable.

The "team member" should not be taking your RCs without asking you. They are supposed to ask if you want to pay with RCs or some other way. That simple question would have identified the error and none of this would have happened.

Also, the statement that she checks you out by herself is garbage. That is also not true. The customer should always have a right to check out by themselves. What if you want to check out a day early? Should you be docked an extra day of non-play when you weren't even there? What if you want a final statement when you check out?

This host is clueless, or she's just making excuses to make you feel better.

Also, you should have been able to use the TR Gift card for the $10 tip. Are they going to reverse that on your AMEX? They should.
    I agree. It is possible the "team member" didn't know Nash had a gift card. Also, it's possible that Nash signed up for the automatic check out feature -- and the procedure for that is that RCs are used automatically. I did NOT sign up for that feature.

As I said I always handle the checkout myself.

I like Alan's use of "team member" in quotation marks. What the hell is a "team member," anyway? Is he/she over, under, or equivalent to your host? I need to start doing that when I screw up -- explain I have a "team" and they are responsible for all errors and ripoffs, and there's really not much I can do because we're a "team."

A "team member" is some kid out of college who works in accounting.

Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Rob,

I am just curious.

Do you play with a players card?
    Yes I do Nash. But when I started getting barred from playing in the mid 2000's, I stopped for a lot of my play thru 2009. Since then I have always used one.

Thread Information