Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VP Comments

Vpnewbie if I hit quad aces on Aces and Faces at the $5 level I will probably cash out and go home. That's $2,000. Yes, there were those rare sessions when I hit quad aces again, but in those cases I kept playing because I already had big profits.

If you think cashing out and removing your card and then reinserting your card and depositing money again is going to "fool" the machine into thinking you are a new player at a new session... then forget it. I don't believe any of that crap.

But yes, I have had winning sessions where I hit early. In reality if I don't hit early it's not going to be a winning session -- because I am not going to sit there and keep putting money in the machine until I do hit. And I am not going to move up in denomination either hoping that I will make up previous losses.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    All you did there was get lucky Rob. Your "special play" allowed you to get lucky, and you did. Would you have a story to tell if you didn't? No.
    So it looks like you're agreeing with the fact that I utilize these opportunities to hopefully get that session-ending LUCKY hit, right? And if I didn't use it, all I'd have is 3 Q's instead of four, because the 4th card drawn was the 4th Q. And that's precisely what the special plays are all about--giving myself MORE opportunities to hit these type of hands.

This play experience also appeared in GT. The hate mail to my editor shot sky high that week.

Originally Posted by Vpnewbie View Post
    Since we're talking strategy....

Do you see any advantage to cashing out after a win. Alan, say you got quad Aces on Aces and faces. The only game I play now. Thanks to you. Do you see an advantage to cashing out and putting your card and money back in to the same game? If I haven't misunderstood you Alan, I think you have said you've been most lucky at the beginning of a session.
    Really, it makes no difference if you do ANY razzle dazzle at the machine, and neither does it hurt if you do it. It just looks stupid to others if that's any concern. In my case, I've been luckiest at the very END of almost every session I play. Why? Because I quit and go home after the big hit.

Honestly, I've never done it. But, I do see others around me do it. And I saw Alan post a picture with 4 tickets a couple weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Vpnewbie View Post
    Honestly, I've never done it. But, I do see others around me do it. And I saw Alan post a picture with 4 tickets a couple weeks ago.
    When you saw the tickets its because I was cashing out the winnings from free play. Then I went to the redemption machine and got money and went home.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Really, it makes no difference if you do ANY razzle dazzle at the machine, and neither does it hurt if you do it. It just looks stupid to others.
    There USED TO BE a high limit VP player at Rincon (emphasis intended) who would cash out EVERY winner -- and he did this to the point that the machines ran out of ticket paper when he played. A floor person and a manager finally came over to him and asked him what he was doing and why? He muttered something about superstition -- and then fed back all of the tickets into the machine to repeat the process.

I think he went broke.

Thread Information