Thread: Rincon VP progressive hit for $57k

Early this morning. Not by me unfortunately. Fifty-seven thousand plus. Gal was dealt jack thru ace clubs and drew the ten.

It's reached over $60k.

Reset to $20k. 8/5 double double bonus.

Edited to add: I checked my notes and previous stories: the progressive did reach over $76,000 and even over $80,000 but that was when the paytable was 9/5 a couple of years ago.

Was this a $5/credit machine?

8/5 DDB is 96.79% return, which is pretty awful.

If the Royal pays $57,000 instead of $20,000, then that adds 3.69% to the return. So that makes the machine slightly +EV, at 100.48%.

And while that sounds good, keep in mind that it will be very top heavy, in that the person who hits the Royal will win huge, while everyone else will get beaten down badly chasing it. Not worth it for a 0.48% edge.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Yes Dan it is $5 per coin. When I showed up in the high limit room a floor person immediately came over to me, smiling, and asked "are you going to try for the big one?" I looked at the jackpot for the royal -- and said "no, I'll stick with Aces and Faces." I said that because I know that 8/5 DDB can eat you alive.

The young lady next to me hit the royal. She hit it a couple of hands after she hit quad 5s for $1250. I don't think she cared much about what the payback was on an 8/5 DDB game. She was more concerned with how much tax should have been withheld on her royal.

By the way, before she was paid, they called in two technicians to check the inner workings of the machine to be sure nothing was tampered with. Of course everything was OK but it took some time for the techs to do their work and then get clearance from security.

Ironically, when I hit $20K royals and when others hit smaller progressive royals in the past year there were no techs to check the machine. I am guessing because the jackpot was as large as it was that they called in the techs. I've seen royals hit for $23K and $26K and no techs.

A few years ago I hit two progressive royals there -- one for $35K and the other for $36K and techs checked the machine both times. Since I hadn't seen a tech recently -- in the past year or so -- I thought the "tech check" had been eliminated. But I was wrong.

One more interesting note. A few minutes after everyone cleared out -- and I was the only player left in that section -- a man came over to play the DDB. He played a couple of hands -- and then I think he noticed that the royal was only $20,008 and he abruptly cashed out and left.

By the way, the Rincon progressive increases by 25-cents with each $25 (five coin) play.

When were you there Alan?
    Aaron and I were there Saturday (basically all day between HL room and Sports Bar).
    We even looked on #3116 for you...

I arrived there late Friday night and played till around 7:30am Saturday.

Thread Information