Thread: the 20 year slot hit

Anyone have any idea what the odds were of hitting the slot jackpot that was recently hit after 20 years?

How many spins in 20 years? It has to be astronomical and way over the odds of hitting that jackpot. But it shows how the long term math can be meaningless.

The Majestic Lions jackpot at the MGM became more difficult to hit when only one machine was left to play. At Caesars there is a similar single machine with a $400-thou jackpot.

I find it interesting that the jackpot was hit only a few months after it started making the news about how it was "overdue". Wasn't this discussed for the first time here on the forums earlier this year or last year?

I think it would be safe to say that for much of the 20 years the machine wasn't being constantly played because it wasn't well-known.

I've been playing that machine for 10+ years. It was well known among Vegas regulars. The Wall Street Journal told the rest of the world about it a few months ago. I wrote about it on this website years ago.

Edited to add: by the way, the three lions did line up before... but the player did not have $3 played and won a smaller amount. When I talked to MGM floor people about the machine about 8 years ago (before I got into trouble at the craps pit) I was told that several players lined up all three lions without the max coin played.

Thread Information