Thread: Quad Aces and 5X Reward Credits at Rincon

My son and I drove to Rincon on Thursday night to "take advantage" of their Thursday multiplier for Total Rewards reward credits for video poker, slots and table games.

For video poker, you got 5X your regular reward credits, and for slots and table games the multiplier was 10X (though it might have been 15X but I didn't check since I played for the most part only video poker).

My budget for the night was $500 and I realize now that was not enough of a budget to take advantage of a multiplier day.

I played $1 video poker over the course of a few hours and I only scored about $25 of Reward Credits even with the multiplier. To be honest, unless you are prepared to play a long time and play high denomination games and pump through a lot of money, taking "advantage" of this promotion isn't really worth much to your bottom line. I left saying I would have been better off "promotion wise" coming another day when free play was also available. There is no "free play" offer on multiplier days.

But, I did get lucky. I hit quad aces three times:

The first AAAA came playing 25-cents Royal Aces Bonus where any AAAA (no kicker needed) pays the same as a Royal Flush. See the bottom photo below.

After that win which was for $1,000 -- came with only $100 in the machine. It was a handpay and after the hand pay and one more "play" to clear the aces, I went to play some card craps where I lost $100.

At this point I had an $800+ profit on the night.

Back to video poker, and with $200 inserted into the machine I played $1 Aces and Faces and never regretted my decision to return to the video poker machine. Twice I hit AAAA for $400. I cashed out an even $1000 for another $800 profit on this second visit to the video poker machine. Photos below. The photo on top was the third AAAA and the middle picture was the first AAAA on Aces and Faces.

Then back to card craps where I bought in for $100... and colored up after about an hour or so of play for $101. I made some bets for the dealers along the way and gave my $1 profit to the dealers as a tip. So, my second session of video poker during the night was a break even session.

Because of the wins it was a good night with a net profit of $1,600... but I won't return for another "multiplier day" unless I have a big bankroll and intend to play for a long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Alan, good to hear you got lucky.

Those multiplier days are indeed not worth very much. It actually shows how little CET gives you with RCs -- just 0.1% on normal video poker machines.

A multiplier of 5x is good enough to make a 99.54% JoB machine +EV, but just barely, and there is so much variance that it doesn't really matter much unless you were going to play anyway. And besides, no such machine exists at Rincon.

I agree that visiting for a freeplay offer is far better.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information