Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad night at Fiore at Rincon

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm sure there's a similar deal for those shopping vouchers they give for the Forum Shops and Miracle Mile. Only some stores would take them,
    Those promotional vouchers are store specific. In the mailers it specifically states which stores they are valid at.

I do not have the "list" of stores accepting the TR gift cards but it is available at Total Rewards desks. Central, for example, is NOT on the list. Though I tried to use a TR gift card at Central, I was not surprised when it was not accepted and I charged my Central meal to my hotel room and then paid for it using a TR gift card at check out.

I wonder if Aaron charged the checks to his room when the TR gift cards were not accepted??

Dan, I really can't get as upset as you are over the TR gift card program. I look at the TR gift cards as icing on the cake and not as an essential as you might.

I think of the TR gift cards program this way: Okay, so they work in some places and not at others. What's the big deal?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I wonder if Aaron charged the checks to his room when the TR gift cards were not accepted??
    Tilted Kilt would not do the room charge even though they are setup for it. I did charge others to the room but didn't need to use the gift card as my host comped all $2500 charged to the room. (I had 6 friends out this weekend)

Kitson charged $282,056.58 instead of $531.18 to my room and Planet Hollywood tried to charge my CC.

I enjoy the gift card option. The thing that bothers me is CET will not remove the places that won't accept them form their list.

Aaron: Let me ask what a good reporter must ask:

Tell us about the overcharge plus the discretionary comps and how do you know Caesars won't remove these stores from their published list?

Overcharge

The stores in the link have never been properly taught the CET billing computers. I new I could charge about $800 more of discretionary comps to my room. Kitson in the link allows both the gift card and room charges. At around 10pm on my last night I found about $500 worth of gifts at Kitson. Their manager fumbled with the room charge computer for 20 minutes trying to get it to work. He then said he got it to work and they had me sign a copy of their cash register receipt. At about midnight I checked the TV for room charges and noticed the total was 99,999.99 and immediately called my host. He laughed and said I now held the record for the largest room charge. He called me back about an hour later and said they talked to the manager at Kitson and all would be corrected. My room chargers were put on hold until the mix-up would be fixed but it looks like a front desk clerk took the hold off and the computer tried to process my credit card.

This is what I saw on the TV.

Name:  20140930_002933_resize.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  334.4 KB

Name:  20140930_002946_resize.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  286.8 KB

Discretionary Comps

My play for the 3 days was a little over 20,000 TC plus 30,000 in bonuses.
    Theo was 13,000.
    PHo computer shows a $1,700 profit, however I had a $2,000 loss.

I also had a 3 bedroom Apex Suite with $1250 freeplay.

Probable could have charged another $500 or so to the room and been covered.

Published List

In July I had the same problems with places at the link and complained to the higher-ups at Corp. They gave me $400 in RCs for my problems and said the problems would be fixed. There have been at least 3 updates to the list (newest is dated 9-23-14) and both Brooklyn Bowl and The Tilted Kilt are still on it. The manager at The Kilt also said they asked to be taken off.

Great report, Aaron.

And I might add that it appears that the maximum that can be charged to the Caesars room charge system is $99,999.99 which is good to know for future visits. (LOL)

Thread Information