Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total rewards gift card limited

Gold
    If you are Seven Stars have 50,000 points to redeem and you're thinking of using them for the Signature gift card, you should probably do it now. I just went on the Total Rewards website to order another gift card and it says supplies are limited, item will be discontinued shortly.

This is good information. It is unlikely I will have enough play during the rest of the year to grab another gift card. It doesn't surprise me that they would discontinue this -- it probably had a redemption rate higher than expected and caused Caesars more than they wanted to spend. Keep in mind that each event or "experience" is planned to have a certain redemption rate. Because so many other "experiences" were poor, the gift cards had to have had a greater redemption rate.

So how does the gift card work differently from just using the RCs? For instance, does $200 from gift card get me more at a restaurant than 20,000 RCs? Thanks for any information regarding this.

carolina

The gift cards were a reward for for Seven Stars Signature Experiences. For every 50,000 TC over 150,000 you were able to get 1 $500 gift card. It was on top of any RC's you had.

The cards are no more! The site has changed to a $500 Folio Credit for Nevada properties. No more shopping allowed.

Here is how it reads:

$500 Nevada Property Folio Credit
    Treat yourself on your next visit to one of our fabulous Nevada properties with a $500 folio credit. Dine at any of our celebrity chef restaurants or relax at the spa.

Folio credit good for food, beverage and spa at any of our Nevada properties in Lake Tahoe, Reno, Laughlin and Las Vegas.

I've used the gift card for purchases at gift shops as well as for paying tips at restaurants and bars in Vegas and at Rincon in San Diego. I guess those days are over when I didn't have to reach into my own pocket for tips.

Folio credits can also be used at gift shops at Caesars... unless that's been changed?

Gold
    I wonder how they will do the Folio credit. Will they give you a card for it or just have you charge everything to your room and then take the $500 off at check out. On the annual trip $500 folio we just charged everything to our room and then there was about $160.00 left so at the last minute we stopped at Starbucks and ended up with 10 lbs. of coffee.

I charged gift shop purchases and shopping to my room last trip and had it all comped for play. The rewards shows only "food, beverage and spa" and I guess we will have to wait until someone uses one to see if/how it is enforced.

Nash, did you get confirmation if your request for your last card is going to be honored.

As I was responding to the post above, I received an email stating they will be honoring my request for 6 more gift cards.

Nash I see you picked up 10 pounds of coffee at Starbucks. Does the same thing apply to booze? Is it possible to take bottles of booze home with you? I'm personally not a big coffee drinker. It gets me too hyped up and when I'm playing VP it makes me want to jump out of my chair and start to dance! I'd rather be drunk on the floor and with one eye on the VP machine waiting and watching for my next Royal Flush. Any thoughts on this? "Stay thirsty my friend!"

Gold
    Aaron, I have an email confirmation that 1 card is on the way. Yesterday, the gift card was still up on the website when I ordered the other one. Hopefully I will still get it.

Gold
    Quad AAAA's,

Lose the booze and keep on dancing!

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I charged gift shop purchases and shopping to my room last trip and had it all comped for play. The rewards shows only "food, beverage and spa" and I guess we will have to wait until someone uses one to see if/how it is enforced.

Nash, did you get confirmation if your request for your last card is going to be honored.
    If it says food, beverage, and spa, it's likely only food, beverage, and spa.

The problem is you don't know if it will work for anything else until you check out, and at that point you will waste the remainder on your folio credit if it doesn't.

There are several things that are really lousy about this change:

- No more shopping
    - No more tips (this is actually huge)
    - You have to spend it all at once, rather than split it among different trips (also pretty big change)

CET is shitting on their best customers once again.

I was actually surprised they allowed it for tips, because that would allow you to convert it to cash if you had a friend working at one of the restaurants. So let's say you eat a $80 meal, you give him a $420 tip, and then he gives you the $420 in cash later. That's the reason they don't allow RCs or other comps to be used for tips, btw -- because it requires them to give hard cash (at parity) to a third party.

You would think they wouldn't be so restrictive with these $500 cards, as a $500 reward for earning 50,000 tiers isn't very much. You get Seven Stars for earning 150,000 tiers, and that's worth FAR more than $1500.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I think the problem they had with the cards was if you bought merchandise at it was a real cost. You also could get you 7 Stars discount.

If you can only use the credit for services the true cost is very low.

I bet we will soon see the gift cards working at actual outside merchants. Alan was told this in the beginning and I think they have been holding off because of the real cost to them.

I was told that in the fourth quarter (that's now) info about using the Gift Cards at stores in the Forum Shops would become available. At this point, I doubt it will happen. I think if it was going to happen we would have heard about something by now -- after all it's now mid October.

Keep in mind that when they announced the Gift Card program they also did away with the $500 Forum Shops gift certificate that 7 Stars Players would get as an "experience." A year ago I used that $500 gift card (actually it was a paper certificate) to shop at Tommy Bahama in the Forum Shops.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I was told that in the fourth quarter (that's now) info about using the Gift Cards at stores in the Forum Shops would become available. At this point, I doubt it will happen. I think if it was going to happen we would have heard about something by now -- after all it's now mid October.

Keep in mind that when they announced the Gift Card program they also did away with the $500 Forum Shops gift certificate that 7 Stars Players would get as an "experience." A year ago I used that $500 gift card (actually it was a paper certificate) to shop at Tommy Bahama in the Forum Shops.
    You mean the signature event, right?

Because last year I got like $550 as my signature event, and like you, I used it at Tommy Bahama.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You mean the signature event, right?

Because last year I got like $550 as my signature event, and like you, I used it at Tommy Bahama.
    Yes, maybe it was called "signature event." My amount was $500. Did you really get $550??

Thanks Aaron, I just missed it.

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I think the problem they had with the cards was if you bought merchandise at it was a real cost. You also could get you 7 Stars discount.

If you can only use the credit for services the true cost is very low.

I bet we will soon see the gift cards working at actual outside merchants. Alan was told this in the beginning and I think they have been holding off because of the real cost to them.
    You are correct that they likely hated the real costs and prefer you to use the cards on property where they save big time and don't have to reimburse third parties.

However I doubt we will see them working at outside merchants, except perhaps for a select few who agree to take super-cut-rate reimbursement.

Alan, yes I got 550 last year.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Alan, yes I got 550 last year.
    Unless I am mistaken, the promotion for all 7 Stars players was for $500. How did you get $550 ??

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, the promotion for all 7 Stars players was for $500. How did you get $550 ??
    Unless we are talking about two different things, I don't know.

We are talking about the Signature Event -- the thing all Seven Stars get once per year, right?

I called and asked how much the "shopping" event would be, and they said $550. And that's what I got, unless I am somehow remembering wrong, which I don't think I am.

Thread Information