Thread: Do you like to play multi line slots, including video poker?

In the "old days" slot machines had one line of play. And video poker machines gave you one hand to play on one line.

In the case of slots, the single line of play was all that could be handled by the wheels and gears of a mechanical slot machine.

But when computer chips were introduced, games could have three lines or five lines or a hundred lines.

There are various strategies for playing "multi line slots" which I'm not going to get into, but you might want to. There are also strategies for playing multi line video poker but I do know that the correct strategy is to play the first line of each game as if it were a single line game -- and the rest of the lines will take care of themselves. Here's an example: I was playing a 50-line video poker machine and was dealt three aces with a kicker on double double bonus. The correct strategy is to hold only the three aces-- but I thought if I held the kicker I would have 50 chances to draw the 4th ace for the big payoff of 2,000 coins. Well, I did draw the fourth ace on 2 of the 50 lines but I might have made more money had I just held the three aces. I didn't know about that till I got home from my trip and read my first book about playing video poker.

(Curiously, if I were playing "triple double bonus" video poker, I would have held the kicker with the three aces, according to correct strategy, for a 4,000 coin payoff.)

And while we are talking about multi line video poker, a question for those of you who like to keep track of your royal flushes: If you are dealt a royal flush on a three-line machine, does it count as "one royal flush" that is paid three times, or does it count as "three royals?"
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 07-17-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Thread Information