Thread: To "fall back and spring ahead", or not to...

Banned
    The Great White North ................. w/o having to come to ................. Alaska!
    Clocks go back tonight for most of us?

I must be one of the few here in Canada, except for the province of Saskatchewan, who leaves the correct time for now as yearlong. No bothersome changing of clocks, no unhealthy month-long circadian adjustments.

Why save an hour once, when you can save it every day over the next six or so months? I mean, if I have a hospital appointment or early meeting - whatever - I get an additional hour in bed.

Eg, 6 am will be 7 am on all my clocks. If I'm late to pick up a few groceries, well, 9:30 pm to me will be 8:30 pm to the stores.

If someone asks me the time, then I subtract an hour from the real time.

Time involves too many enigma's and paradox's as it is.

In reality, does anyone really have a "set time" to go to bed and to wake up? Is there anyone who really goes to bed and immediately falls asleep at exactly 11:15pm and awakes exactly at 8:15am?

I dont think the time change will have any impact on any biological clock. The time change will however frustrate me when I attempt to push the right buttons to change the time on my clock in the Mercedes, and there is always the possibility that I will destroy the stem on my Rolex and cost myself an $800 repair.

Banned
    The Great White North ................. w/o having to come to ................. Alaska!
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1024123249.htm

Plenty of evidence to suggest that all this clock switching does harm. Especially, for the shift workers.

We are a species of over a million years old. Not adept at making even generational changes. The cause of many relatively modern disorders, such as schizophrenia.

If you've lived a constant life, you'll notice the changes.

A lot of studies have been done into what happens when all environmental cues are removed. Serious stuff. Secret stuff. Even cruel stuff.

Banned
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    The time change will however frustrate me when I attempt to push the right buttons to change the time on my clock in the Mercedes, and there is always the possibility that I will destroy the stem on my Rolex and cost myself an $800 repair.
    Good grief, Alan.

Haha! Typical complaints from the California flakes! Maybe the butler can do all that for you?

Banned
    Originally Posted by ThomasClines View Post
    A lot of studies have been done into what happens when all environmental cues are removed.
    What tends to happen, people sleep for 12 hrs.

Thread Information