I think it's time to remind everyone about the rules, and common courtesy whether it's in the rules or not.

Let's stop the personal insults.

For too many months I was lenient about allowing "insults" because I am thick skinned and I can take 'em. Others aren't as thick skinned as I am. I'm thick skinned because I have gone through a lot in my life.

Today, however, I got an email from a long time forum member who said to me that the forum has dropped to new lows. Meanwhile I know that there are many, many readers who come here who don't participate because of the hostile atmosphere.

I believe in the right of free speech and I am very liberal about it -- but it's time to ask you (the offenders) to tone it down.

I don't want to be as restrictive as some other sites are, but if I have to, I will.

I will even close down the forum. I don't need the forum -- and it certainly doesn't make me any money. As you can see, the most visitors we ever had on the forum at one time was about 400 and I am sure many of those were bots or spammers. My main website gets as many as 9,000 visitors a day. So, this forum is not my concern.

Frankly, I'm in the TV business and not the website business and no one is going to offer me $2.3-million for this. (Wink)

Be fair. Be square. Cut out the insults. Or, go away. And if you don't go away, I will ban you.

And if you don't like the rules, start your own forum and your own website. I'll even let you promote it here. Just don't leave your garbage here.