Thread: maximize coin-in tier points

Caesars Total Rewards members:

If your video poker budget is $25 per hand, would you play a single coin on a $25 denomination full pay video poker game in order to get one tier point for $10 coin-in?

There are $25 games in the Palace Court high limit slots room at Caesars Palace that are 9/6 Jacks and 8/5 Bonus that give one tier point for each $10 coin-in. So one coin bet is 2.5 tier points.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post

If your video poker budget is $25 per hand, would you play a single coin on a $25 denomination full pay video poker game in order to get one tier point for $10 coin-in?

There are $25 games in the Palace Court high limit slots room at Caesars Palace that are 9/6 Jacks and 8/5 Bonus that give one tier point for each $10 coin-in. So one coin bet is 2.5 tier points.
    I'm not understanding this question. You also earn fractional tier points, so you don't need to knock yourself out to make sure that each individual hand of VP equals an exact whole number of tier points.

For example, if you play a $5 machine ($25 per hand) which gives 1 tier per $10 (standard), two hands will earn you 5 tiers.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan you do not like playing 8/5 Bonus or 9/6 Jacks at Caesars at $5 per coin because those games require $25 coin in for 1 tier point.

You could play one coin on a $25/coin game. And get 1 tier point for each $10 bet.

How about it?

No, that would be foolish. That would lower my EV waaaaaaaaaaaaay down because any royal I would hit would be severely underpaid.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    No, that would be foolish. That would lower my EV waaaaaaaaaaaaay down because any royal I would hit would be severely underpaid.
    Exactly what I expected you to say but surprising since you never hit a royal. Don't you play first to maximize your Seven Stars benefits because of their value? Seven Stars has a value you can bank on while hitting a royal is a gamble.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post

Alan, we were just in there this weekend...I didn't look to see..but do they also have 9/6 DDB on those machines?

Caesars has 9/6 DDB on some of the higher limit machines. But I don't play them so I can't tell you.

On a recent trip I looked specifically for 8/5 Bonus and 9/6 Jacks on machines in the Palace Court.

Thread Information