Thread: Be an out of season shopper.

There are a lot of reasons to be an out of season shopper. And they include: out of season discounts, and fewer shoppers -- and more attention from sales people.

The other day I stopped into a Halloween "super store" and the only sales person in the store was happy to see me and actually gave me a tour. He was all smiles, willing to chat and answer questions, and was even offering discounts. Of course, this was July.

I spoke to a roofer the other day who told me this is his slow season. He says he needs business now to keep his crews working. In the "rainy season" he has more work than he can handle. But now -- in the dry summer of Southern California -- he can offer fast service on repairs and maintenance.

Need ski equipment and ski clothes and winter jackets? The ski stores are open now.

Look, if you buy your winter stuff now you might not be getting the newest styles that will be reaching the stores this fall, but you will certainly save on last year's styles and inventory.

Sports equipment also has seasons, of course. And if there is no sports season because of a contract dispute then you really can expect some deals.

Its good idea, Agree with it be an out of season shopper. You can get a big discount on out of season shopping. Many people do this and get benefits of out season sales.

Bronze
    I am one of them who do this kind of shopping because we can really get some good deals at this time and everyone knows that during the peak time the prices are very high. Me and my family never shop during season time. But sometimes you also have to return disappointed as the shop does not have enough variety to choose among, but it happens very rarely.

I agree that being out of season shopper one can get huge discounts & offers. But apparels or season clothes such as pullovers etc. should be buy in season because of frequent changes in fashion.

i agree with matthewtin ,fashion is changing everyday,so u should buy the seasonal thing in that particular season only,buying things in off season is good ,but then you will get the out of trend things which are not in fashion now

Thread Information