Thread: Rincon Watch Giveaway on Saturday Dec 20

I was tipped off today that if you were invited to the watch giveaway at Rincon in San Diego you must "reserve" your watch.

I did by emailing my host and was confirmed.

You also might want to call Total Rewards or your host.

I was told that there might not be enough watches to meet demand and there is no free play option.

Frankly, I would be really angry if I didn't know about the "reservation requirement" for the giveaway and I got there and found there were no more watches available.

I've never had to reserve a giveaway item before -- and in the past when they did run out of merchandise a free play option was available.

Last year it was a Bulova watch which was worth about $210 retail. This year it's a Fossil watch which I think has a retail value of about $175. I'm not sure on the retail value this year because I am not sure if the photo in the mailer is the actual watch that will be given out.

Last year I did not have to reserve the watch -- I showed up, went to the distribution room -- and took it home.

My host sent me a confirmation number.

If anyone has more info or conflicting info, please post.

Gold
    When I was down at Rincon today I was approached by Suzi from promotions. I asked her if I needed to register for the watch and she said "yes." She went back to promotions and registered me and she also told me there are 6 watches to choose from so I should get there early so I can pick from the 6. She also told me they were going to start giving them out earlier than 12 PM.

Six watches surprises me.

Last year there was no choice. Based on your "play" you got either the higher priced or the lower priced one. You did have a choice of a men's or women's.

The watch I chose was a Fossil with a retail price of $125. Online it's as low as $70. Frankly I'm disappointed. In fact, next year I wouldn't even bother making a trip for this kind of promotion unless I could piggyback some worthwhile free play.

I understand that some higher priced watches were available for bigger gamblers. I don't know what they were or what value they had.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    The watch I chose was a Fossil with a retail price of $125. Online it's as low as $70. Frankly I'm disappointed. In fact, next year I wouldn't even bother making a trip for this kind of promotion unless I could piggyback some worthwhile free play.

I understand that some higher priced watches were available for bigger gamblers. I don't know what they were or what value they had.
    lol Rincon is getting so tacky these days
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Follow up: when I finally got a buyer for the Fossil watch the online price dropped to $58. I sold it for $27. What a disaster.

Gold
    Alan,

Did you sell it on EBAY?

The eBay price is $58. I went to a consignment store but sold it for cash. They will put it on eBay.

Thread Information