Thread: Shell gift cards not activated by Caesars

On Friday another shipment of Shell gift cards from the Great Gift Wrap Up. I gave a few to friends and they could not be used. Caesars failed to activate them. Since it's Sunday night there was no one with Shell able to help.

Are you surprised at this point?
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Are you surprised at this point?
    This was my third shipment this year and there was no trouble with the other two. There was no problem in previous years. So yes, I'm surprised.

Perhaps you were surprised by this particular instance, but are you surprised that Caesars did something incompetent?

I'm not at all.

If there is a way to possilby mess something up, CET will find it.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan... you're too tough on Caesars for this one. This third shipment consisted of just two $10 Shell cards. If they are going to goof on something, a goof on two $10 Shell gas cards is about the best goof they could possibly make.

What bothers me, is that Sunday night I left a voice mail message with Shell -- per their instructions -- and despite the outgoing message that said I would get a call back on Monday, I did not. So right now, I have a bigger beef with Shell than I have with Caesars.

In fact, I'm not really sure the problem was with Caesars in the first place.

Alan

I have 20 bad Shell gift cards. Shell said they were never activated by SkyMall. I called the 800 number on the paper that came with them and they said they would have to send me new ones.

Aaron: all I can say is YIKES!!

When I first discovered that my newest cards had not been activated the Shell rep I reached on the phone suggested that I try again in 24 hours. The rep said the card numbers might be activated after the expected delivery date. Sure enough, when I checked again tonight the cards were activated.

Thread Information