Thread: Caesars to close Augustus valet area starting January 2

In a puzzling decision, Caesars has decided to shut down the valet area on the Augustus tower on January 2. This is a permanent change.

It will only be open for limousine service.

This is going to infuriate many guests who have gotten used to valeting their car and making the easy walk to the Augustus checkin.

This entrance is also advantageous because you don't have to drive on crowded Las Vegas Blvd to get to Caesars.

It is not clear if they will allow you to enter and drop people off, or enter and drive around the service road to the front of Caesars. (Both are allowed right now.)

I wonder if there will be a revolt against this, and if the decision will be reversed.

Yet another stupid decision on the part of Caesars...
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I have chosen not to use the Augustus valet for several reasons:

1. It is sometimes difficult to get into the turning lane when traffic is heavy on Flamingo after exiting the 15.

2. There is a problem with that left turn signal arrow to turn into the valet. You can wait thru several lightchanges before the left turn works. For some reason the city hasn't fixed this causing Augustus traffic to backup on Flamingo.

On several trips I have skipped the Augustus valet and simply used the main valet which seemed to be easier and faster. The extra steps to Augustus don't bother me and after a long drive it's refreshing.

Alan

When busy I turn right into Bellagio and come back straight through the signal. Not that this will help anymore.

Sometimes there is a long wait for your car at that valet.

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Alan

When busy I turn right into Bellagio and come back straight through the signal. Not that this will help anymore.

Sometimes there is a long wait for your car at that valet.
    I actually considered doing that yesterday, but didn't.

But yeah, the Augustus left turn is a disaster. I have a feeling that the city set it that way on purpose, so as to avoid a major backup of cars in that small parking lot.

I think the best way to get in there on busy nights is to go all the way around -- going WEST on Flamingo, then right on Valley View, then right on Twain, right on Frank Sinatra, left on Caesars Service Dr, and then looping around on the little service road back to Augustus. That's what I'm going to do next time on busy evenings.

Of course there won't be much of a "next time" because they are closing it, though I will still use it for drop-offs if I can.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

It's not just the valet... the Augustus/Octavius check-in is now closed. I was told that the name "Laurel Collection" is disappearing too. This accounts for the cut in room amenities. I'm not sure what the Laurel Collection was/is but I think it was some hotel partnership for those two towers. Regardless these are all pre bankruptcy changes.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    It's not just the valet... the Augustus/Octavius check-in is now closed. I was told that the name "Laurel Collection" is disappearing too. This accounts for the cut in room amenities. I'm not sure what the Laurel Collection was/is but I think it was some hotel partnership for those two towers. Regardless these are all pre bankruptcy changes.
    The Laurel Collection was supposed to be a luxury version of Caesars Palace, but it was never well defined, and no one understood it.

Augustus/Octavius were considered part of the Laurel Collection, but did that encompass the entire two towers, or just certain rooms? Nobody knows.

My first encounter with the Laurel Collection was a seemingly nice offer to get a $450 dining credit for Guy Savoy. I called up to redeem it at a special phone number. First, I was irritated that it was only available for very few dates, which wasn't mentioned on the mailer. Then, when we found a date I could make, I was given the bad news. The package costs $1300!

I asked, "I'm a Seven Stars. Why would I ever pay $1300 for a room and $450 dining credit, when I get the room free anyway?"

The woman on the phone couldn't answer that, and kept insisting that "Some people still want it, even if they're Seven Stars."

Huh???

Anyway, are they keeping that VIP checkin room open?

Dan check this please: the Laurel Collection is an outside company that operated the Augustus and Octavius towers. That contract ended January 2. True or not?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan check this please: the Laurel Collection is an outside company that operated the Augustus and Octavius towers. That contract ended January 2. True or not?
    I don't know. I couldn't find anything about this.

You might be right.

Here is what I found from the Forbes Travel Guide.

Comprised of the Augustus and Octavius towers, The Laurel Collection by Caesars Palace is a boutique hotel within the massive Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. It combines the best of both worlds: You have easy access to all that Caesars has to offer (restaurants, shops and entertainment), but you can retreat from the Las Vegas hubbub and unwind in the peace and quiet of your swanky room. The rooms are spacious with contemporary décor and vivid pops of color, and the amenities such as Anichini linens and marble bathrooms up the ante on luxury. When its time to relax, make your way to the Roman baths at QUA Baths & Spa in the Augustus Tower. The decadent Restaurant Guy Savoy is also located in The Laurel Collection’s Augustus Tower.

The Laurel Collection by Caesars Palace, located within the massive Caesars Palace resort in Las Vegas, is really a hotel-in-a-hotel. While you snag exclusive perks and quiet rooms at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, you’ll have the rest of Caesars — and the Strip — at your fingertips. Here’s our list of the five things you should know about The Laurel Collection:

1. There’s a separate entrance. One of the (many) perks of staying in The Laurel Collection’s Octavius and Augustus towers is the private reception desk with expedited check-in and checkout. When you’re coming to the hotel, ask your driver to drop you at the private valet entrance, which leads you right to it. Avoid the resort’s main valet, this one is much more convenient to the two boutique hotel’s elevators.

2. Restaurants fill up quickly. Make advance plans — and go early — when you want to dine at Central by Michel Richard and Bacchanal Buffet, both of which get extremely busy during peak hours (9 a.m. to noon and 6 to 8 p.m.). At the buffet, for example, you can expect to wait in line for up to an hour. Insider’s tip: You can pay to skip the line.

3. It has a great location. While your room may seem like it’s way off the Strip — thanks to the quiet — it’s actually in a fantastic location. As The Laurel Collection is located within Caesars Palace, you’re a quick walk from fabulous shopping in The Forum Shops or a five-minute cab ride to Crystals at CityCenter and Fashion Show Mall. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that you’ll also have easy access to fantastic restaurants both within Caesars (Restaurant Guy Savoy and Nobu) as well as those in nearby hotels.

4. Take advantage of the amenities. Although you’re staying in a boutique hotel, you’ll have access to all of the niceties within the massive Caesars Palace resort. You’ll find six outdoor pools in the Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis, 130,000 square feet of gaming, and Qua Baths & Spa. Of course, the in-room amenities such as the spa tubs are large enough for two and pet-friendly rooms are a plus as well.

5. It's pet-friendly. Though Fido may not have as much fun on the Strip as you, he’s more than welcome to stay at The Laurel Collection. The hotel’s PetStay program allows you to book certain pet-friendly rooms in the Augustus Tower where your four-legged friend will be treated to a welcome amenity as well as food and water bowls. Each pet-friendly room can accommodate up to two dogs that are 50 pounds or less.

Just got a call that the Augustus Valet is still open to Seven Stars players.

Thread Information