Thread: An ISIS TV channel?

A report today that the Islamic State known as ISIS -- and what the world considers to be a terrorist group -- may be starting up its own TV channel to broadcast its "news" and to the world.

See: http://variety.com/2015/tv/global/th...ts-1201408950/

Of course, one way to strike back against ISIS would be to destroy their TV station facility. Bomb it.

But is that something we would do? How could we consider that when we support freedom of speech and damn the terrorists who recently massacred the staff of a magazine in France? And look at how angry we got when North Korea tried to censor our movie industry.

If we are really about free speech, we should be ready for ISIS TV. It doesn't mean we have to watch it, but we shouldn't try to shut it down.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    A report today that the Islamic State known as ISIS -- and what the world considers to be a terrorist group -- may be starting up its own TV channel to broadcast its "news" and to the world.

See: http://variety.com/2015/tv/global/th...ts-1201408950/

Of course, one way to strike back against ISIS would be to destroy their TV station facility. Bomb it.

But is that something we would do? How could we consider that when we support freedom of speech and damn the terrorists who recently massacred the staff of a magazine in France? And look at how angry we got when North Korea tried to censor our movie industry.

If we are really about free speech, we should be ready for ISIS TV. It doesn't mean we have to watch it, but we shouldn't try to shut it down.
    I wouldn't bomb the TV station---I would bomb anyone that watches it. But that's just me. I may be the minority but I am against terrorism and would take any action to stop it.

The daily beheadings with Abdul @ 8:00 followed @9:00 with child rape and torture 10:00 is Death to homosexuals then the highly acclaimed execution of random teen show. Unfortunately for you sport fans out there, No soccer for you!!!!

My guess would be that if they did have a TV station it would not show any graphic violence or acts of terror, but instead would be programming showing prayer, the positive side of living in areas controlled by ISIS and discussions by prominent leaders about why their "philosophy" is proper. It would all be "PR."

You can't be serious. The positive side of living in areas controlled by ISIS? Really Alan , that's not at all funny.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    You can't be serious. The positive side of living in areas controlled by ISIS? Really Alan , that's not at all funny.
    Yes. I am serious. Their TV station would be filled with propaganda.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Yes. I am serious. Their TV station would be filled with propaganda.
    Exactly. They're propaganda is DEATH. There is no moral , political or any kind of equivalency between that vermin and the rest of the world.
    Last edited by quahaug; 01-21-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Thread Information