Thread: New rule since 11/11/2014 : Seven Stars must pay resort fee for 2nd room

Among the November 11th 2014 changes involving resort fees (where Platinum members started being charged them), they also removed the Seven Stars waiver of resort fees for a 2nd room.

So if you have a booking where you get one room through your Seven Stars benefit, and the second one comped through your host (for friends or family), you WILL pay resort fees on it.

Pretty lame.

Doesn't affect me because they won't give me a free second room anymore, anyway.

Also, resort fees have increased to $28 or $29 for 2015.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

This must not have started yet. Last weekend, I booked a second room for a friend who was traveling with us, but owed nothing when we checked out.

I had 3 rooms in Vegas this last weekend and no resort fees were charged.

Gold
    I wonder if they are going to charge resort fees to people who use the free room coupons.

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I had 3 rooms in Vegas this last weekend and no resort fees were charged.
    I had an additional room the beginning of January in Vegas. I did not pay out of my pocket a resort fee for the second room, but it is entirely possible that my host just considered it part of the expenses he wrote off when I checked out.

FAB

Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post
    I had an additional room the beginning of January in Vegas. I did not pay out of my pocket a resort fee for the second room, but it is entirely possible that my host just considered it part of the expenses he wrote off when I checked out.

FAB

That might be it.

I was told this by someone in the CCS (800 phone number), so maybe they were wrong.

They volunteered this information to me, rather than me asking about it, so I believed it to be true.

It's also possible that this is official policy, but the host is still able to book it without resort fees. Kind of how they didn't allow offer double-dipping, but you were still able to do it fairly frequently through mid-2013.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I wonder if they are going to charge resort fees to people who use the free room coupons.
    They do if the player isn't Diamond or Seven Stars. I can confirm this, as I know someone who had to pay them.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    They do if the player isn't Diamond or Seven Stars. I can confirm this, as I know someone who had to pay them.
    I concur with Dan. I gave a room coupon to Ceasars to a pal of mine who was only a Gold level TR member. But he was fine with paying the $25 resort fee as he got access to the gym (which he thought was pretty good) as well as wifi in the room. I believe back in the day you had to pay ala carte for both those benefits when there was no mandatory resort fee.

FAB

I gave one of my gift certificates for two free nights to a friend, and they had to pay the resort fee. They still got a free room: Friday and Saturday nights.

Personally I don't like the resort fees. As discussed before, it's a way to make the room price appear cheaper -- much like airlines charging for the seat and then charging extra for the meal and for luggage.

Never had to pay a resort fee yet as I've stayed low level diamond. But it would anger me to do so as I always use my own wifi (safer) and I don't need the gym in Vegas as I can simply walk the length of the strip or swim if I want some exercise.

Thread Information