Thread: Super Bowl trip report to Caesars

It was a miserable trip -- because I got sick as soon as I arrived. It was the worst head and chest cold I've had in years. I played a little craps when I arrived -- and I mean a very little craps -- and then went to my room for the next three days. I never made it to the Caesars party and watched the game in my room.

My host tried to make me as comfortable as possible ordering up some cranberry juice and Fiji water. But when room service knocked on the door I did not accept the delivery. Why? Room service brought up a dozen bottles of cranberry juice and a dozen bottles of Fiji water. I said "just give me two bottles of each," but the room service attendant said "you have to take it all." Ridiculous. So it all went back.

My host couldn't figure that out.

I did use the Augustus Valet -- it remains open for 7 Stars. And I stayed one extra night because I was just too sick to drive.

Two other problems with room service:

First time I ordered War Won Ton soup they brought some kind of Asian onion soup and I sent it back. The Won Ton came about ten minutes later. Both times there was no cover on the soup and I don't know if that means it came from the kitchen without a cover or if the waiter removed the cover before knocking on my door.

The second night I ordered War Won Ton there was a cover.

The menu said the price of the War Won Ton was $20, but I was charged $21. I didn't say anything.

I wanted some oatmeal, and while not on the menu they did have it.

Housekeeping doesn't know how to read. I had the do not disturb sign on the door and at least a half dozen times they knocked. Each time I opened the door they said "oh sorry." And I said "I'm sick. Go away."

When I was able to leave Tuesday, I slept late and used RCs to cover the few things my host didn't.

Honestly I was very sick. So sick, I had no desire to play even during the ride home.

Sorry you were so sick Alan. We spent Super Bowl Weekend and New Orleans and had a ball. We received great treatment and came home with some money in our pockets. Hope you are feeling better now.

Gold
    Hope you're feeling better now, Alan. Nothing worse than traveling when you're sick.

The Nash's went to the Superbowl party at Rincon. It was held in the Events Center. It was pretty packed. It was free to get in (bleacher section) unless you paid for VIP. As 7 Stars we were VIP and did not have to pay. There were tables set up in the middle section and chairs set in theater style on both sides. There was also a section roped off down in the front for celebrity guests. BIG screens behind the stage as well as on both sides. Food (Vegetables & assorted dips, wings, nachos, pizza, and soft pretzels) was set up buffet style in 4 corners and in the middle. Bars on either side but even non alcoholic drinks were not comped.

There was a raffle at the end of the game. Playboy Bunny autographed photos, I think a Chargers jersey and football signed by the late Junior Seau. There was also a silent auction of signed football items going on in the lobby of the events center. I checked the bids as I was leaving but it didn't appear that very many people were bidding.

As we were leaving there was a gift give away handed out. It was a cast iron skillet.

Thread Information