Here's something to ponder:

On March 14, Rincon will have several drawings including a jackpot drawing at 11pm when one guest will be chosen and given this option: take $10,000 in cash or 2-million Reward Credits.

Interesting question.

First, I considered the "cash value" of the 2-million Reward Credits if used for free play. Since I'm 7 stars, 2-million in RCs can be converted to $16,000 of free play.

This raises some questions:

1. Is $16,000 of free play worth more, the same, or less than $10,000 in cash? With a miserable 85% return $16,000 of free play is worth $13,600 in cash. So right away I would opt for the RCs and convert them.

But that brings us to...

2. How quickly can I convert the RCs to free play? There has been a rule that RCs can only be converted to a maximum of $500 free play each day. This means 62,500 in RCs can be converted each day -- unless there is some special rule.

At 62,500 RCs per day, it would take 32 days of play to get the $16,000 of free play.

3. Playing 32 days at $500 of free play each day would entail some other costs: travel and food primarily which would lessen the value of the $500 each day.

The 32 days needed for redemption makes the 2-million RCs less attractive to me.