Thread: Ok, tell me how you feel

Hello folks,

I've had some "anonymous" comments on my website and through the about.me website basically blasting me for my presence at this forum. Certain people have left comments under fake names but they all have one thing in common: they try to insult me, Europeans in general, the so called gay loving pot smokers who need government hand outs to get by (does that ring a bell anyone???) as much as they can. Although I have very strong leads about who is behind these anonymous spam mails I prefer to have things out in the open. Please let me know if you don't appreciate my presence here. If that is the case I will be happy to "stand down" and take my activities elsewhere. I would not want to stand in anybody's way and I surely don't want to be a reason for people to stay away from here. That would not be fair to Alan, since after all, this is his website and I'm just a guest here.

Thank you for your reply.

Frank
    Last edited by Vegas_lover; 03-01-2015 at 11:41 AM.

Vegas, I'm sorry to hear that this is going on. If someone doesn't like, or agree, with your posts, then they should just not read them. Or they should respond in an appropriate manner. But it is immature, rude and disrespectful to make anonymous negative comments to, or about, a forum member. It is a cowardly form of bullying. I don't usually like to comment or get involved with these things but when I read your post I was appalled that someone would do that.

Even though you said something negative about my posts recently, I have nothing to do with anything written about you on your blog. Sounds like Rob Singer stuff, though perhaps someone is just imitating him.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

No one appears to be criticizing you here now. Are you sure it's a current forum member?

@ Chimp, thank you for your input. Much appreciated!
    @ Dan, I know we have a different opinion about CET and their offers but to me that's no big deal. I didn't think for one second you had anything to do with this. You say what you think directly and I appreciate that even when our opinions about certain matters aren't the same
    @ Alan, what I do know is that the recent comments towards me come from a person who reads this forum daily. There can only be a small amount of reasons why this person works the way he/she does. Those comments are coming through the about.me website (currently). This is a third party website so I cannot do an IP-address check. So in this way, this person is obviously trying to hide his/her true identity. This person is not leaving comments on my website because then I can do an IP-address check. My guess is this person left comments on my website earlier (some time ago) in the hope they would get published right away (this is not the first time this has happend) but in fact I have to monitor and approve comments first before they are published on my website. So this person put some effort in his/her writing with the result he/she did not get anywhere because one click on the delete button made their comments disappear without ever being published. I can only think of 3 reasons why this person does not leave his/her comments on this forum:
    1. this person is not a current member
    2. this person is a current member but for some reason does not want to speak out publicly (I think that's unlikely)
    3. this person is a former member who got banned (very likely)

How wonderful, here's the latest contribution of my secret admirer:

Name: Sob Dinger
    Email: .................
    Comment: Frank the dumbass sleuth. Guess I'm under your skin. Now I'm handing you the IPA. I've lived in Nevada nearly all my life. What makes you think some foreign twice a year visitor is any type of authority on my state? Your fascination is getting the better of you. Just lose your money here and go home to whatever obscure irrelevant country with bad weather you come from until you can save enough to do it again. And keep up with the whimpering, you sniveling little twit!

So these are posts or messages sent to your website, Vegas_lover? I think by giving it attention here you are feeding the monster/idiot.

Yes, through about.me and through the contact form on my website. In the past an individual left comments on different pages of my website as well. Same writing style, same provocations. People have called me names before but people who actually know me never call me little

By the way, I gave it attention here because this particular fan of mine has some kind of problem with me posting on this forum.
    Last edited by Vegas_lover; 03-02-2015 at 02:49 PM.

I can't offer any advice but I can sympathize.
    I think everyone who has ever run a website or a forum has had this issue.
    Lord knows I have my own special group of "fans".

This is one of the joys of the internet, the crazies can attack you anonymously.
    What can we do but ignore them and not feed into their mental illness?
    It is boring to attack someone who gives no response....

Thanks Bonnie and Alan, I guess both of you are right. This individual got his 3 minutes of fame, no reason to give him more than that. The entertainment value is zero anyway.

Thread Information