Thread: Interesting fact: Theoretical loss at Harrah's New Orleans VP computed at 0.95%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan I don't know if this will impact your plans for Rincon:

I was told by a player that you are not given tier points or reward credits for the premium charged. For example on the machine you want to play there are no points for the extra two coins. On the Dreamcard game there are no points for the extra five coins.

I never confirmed this. The player discovered this by tracking the meter.
    Actually I was concerned about this, too.

Sucks, but I'll still play it.

This will result in the same expected loss per 1000 base tier credits earned ($46) as regular 9/6 JoB.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This will result in the same expected loss per 1000 base tier credits earned ($46) as regular 9/6 JoB.
    I am curious: if you were to compare the out of pocket cost for playing this Double Super Times Pay machine with the out of pocket costs of playing 8/5 Aces and Faces, which of the two gives you a lower out of pocket cost for reaching 7 Stars? I am asking about the out of pocket cost because of the extra coins required for Double Super Times Pay -- and not the theoretical return.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I am curious: if you were to compare the out of pocket cost for playing this Double Super Times Pay machine with the out of pocket costs of playing 8/5 Aces and Faces, which of the two gives you a lower out of pocket cost for reaching 7 Stars? I am asking about the out of pocket cost because of the extra coins required for Double Super Times Pay -- and not the theoretical return.
    Somehow this thread was closed. I just opened it back up.

Anyway, I did compare this.

Earning 1000 tier credits on this Double Super Times Pay machine would require $14,000 coin in. It is a 99.67% return game. So $14,000 * (1 - 0.9967) = $46.20

Earning 1000 tier credits on Aces and Faces would require $10,000 coin in. It is a 99.26% return game. So $10,000 * (1 - 0.9926) = $74.00

Earning 1000 tier credits on 9/6 JoB would require $10,000 coin in. It is a 99.54% return game. So $10,000 * (1 - 0.9954) = $46.00

As you can see, your expected return is still much better on Double Super Times Pay than Aces and Faces when earning 1,000 tiers. However, the variance on Double Super Times Pay is higher. The variance is lowest on 9/6 JoB, so that's actually still the best to play if you are playing a set amount in order to earn tiers.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information