Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rincon Cuts Video Poker Pay Tables Again

This was posted in another thread and it's worth a thread of its own.

Rincon has a history of cutting pay tables on the most popular video poker games. Gone are 9/6 Jacks or Better and 9/6 Double Double Bonus (with the exception of one machine I know of). Now you will find 8/5 Jacks and even 8/5 DDB.

For a short time there was no 8/5 Bonus or 8/5 Aces and Faces until I wrote about it on the main website (see: http://alanbestbuys.com/id104.html for the articles from 2012) and there was such an uproar from customers that Rincon reversed its decision within three days.

Well, Rincon has done it again according to one of our Forum members -- they've cut pays on a few of the last of the really great games including the Double Super Times Pay and Super Aces Bonus games which offered some of the best theoretical returns.

Now, this:

Originally Posted by fly2rei View Post
    Just got home from Rincon. I guess after Dan's big wins, they decided to cut the pay tables.
    When I arrived, The Double Super Times pay games, The Dream Card games, and my single line Super Aces were turned off. I asked a slot attendant what was going on. He wasn't sure, but thought they might be just cleaning them. I told him I doubt it, they're probably cutting the pay tables. Sure enough, a little while later 2 slot techs showed up and turned the Double Super Times pay and the Dream Card games back on. And guess what? The pay tables were cut. Double Super Times pay now only pays 7 for a full house on Bonus Poker. Same with Dream Card, it now only pays 7 for a full house on Bonus Poker. The slot techs said they were waiting for a new chip for The Super Aces game, ie: to lower the pay table on that game I'm sure.

Alan,
    My wife likes to play Double Double Bonus. She would play the lone 9/6 game. The one two seats down from #3116.
    They removed it a couple of months ago, its now 8/5.
    Jim

Originally Posted by fly2rei View Post
    Alan,
    My wife likes to play Double Double Bonus. She would play the lone 9/6 game. The one two seats down from #3116.
    They removed it a couple of months ago, its now 8/5.
    Jim
    There you go... another of the good ones gone.

No wonder so many of the "regulars" no longer play at Rincon. The offers are down, and the games are simply down the tubes. I think they will try to eliminate 8/5 Bonus and 8/5 Aces and Faces again -- just as they tried in 2012.

I wonder if Dan will bother going to Rincon now that Double Super Times Pay at 8/5 Bonus has disappeared. At least he will not have to teach that "pill head" lady the game since it is gone.

Given how the Double Super Times Pay 8/5 Bonus was paying off (up to 99.67% payoff), I am not surprised that it was killed. I am surprised that Dream Card at 8/5 Bonus is gone too (up to 99.2678% according to Wizard of Odds).

FAB

m;ljwegf;kf
    'kwG
    FMADS
    VM
    SADMV
    ;SAM
    VMSA
    VM
    SADMG
    WEJG
    KWE
    GMWA
    M

SO SICK

I hate to say it, but I actually had a feeling this might happen.

Part of me didn't even want to post here about playing it, because I was afraid they might be reading and kill it. I reasoned to myself that it was okay to post about it, becaue they've been discussing this game for years on other forums, and nothing happened to it.

I wonder if my intense play on it and my good win was the straw that broke the camel's back, and they finally took a hard look at the games they were offering.

Looks like I will have to cancel my trip.

DAMNIT. Why couldn't this happen just a few weeks later?
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

This could be a coincidence, but I also think perhaps my 6 royals triggered some kind of review, and then they discovered I played a shitload of hands and only would have lost a small amount even with no royals. Then they might have realized that the game paid way too well, and they decided to kill all mid-limit games with good pay tables.

I wonder if the Aces and Faces and 8-5 Bonus still exist, or if that has also been degraded.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

It's true that Rincon managers read this forum. HI GUYS. But Dan keep in mind that about a month or two before your visit someone hit $400000 on that game. And Rincon has been reducing pay tables for several years. Remember they also removed $100 VP games to limit losses after several royals were hit.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    It's true that Rincon managers read this forum. HI GUYS. But Dan keep in mind that about a month or two before your visit someone hit $400000 on that game. And Rincon has been reducing pay tables for several years. Remember they also removed $100 VP games to limit losses after several royals were hit.
    Really? I didn't know that someone hit the big prize there (the one I came a club away from hitting). It's actually $200k, not $400k. I miscalculated at first, because I forgot that 400,000 credits = $200,000.

Anyway, maybe that was a bigger catalyst, though honestly the time table in removing the machines (1.5 weeks) is about exactly what I would expect it to be if it was the result of my play.

Maybe the 200k hit made them consider lowering it, and my session sealed the deal. Could be so many things.

RIP Double Super Times Pay Bonus Poker

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This could be a coincidence, but I also think perhaps my 6 royals triggered some kind of review, and then they discovered I played a shitload of hands and only would have lost a small amount even with no royals. Then they might have realized that the game paid way too well, and they decided to kill all mid-limit games with good pay tables.

I wonder if the Aces and Faces and 8-5 Bonus still exist, or if that has also been degraded.
    Dan,

I guess your royals may have made it possible to highlight the Double Super Times Pay. But didn't you mention that the "pill head" woman thought one could make a lot of money on that machine? So it could have been common knowledge with the locals.

But the Dream Card machine was not something you were playing and that was downgraded too. I seldom make the trek to Rincon but this month not only did I score a royal at 8/5 Bonus on the triple play, but last June (second latest trip) I hit a royal on the Dream Card machine. Here is the image.

8/5 Bonus Dream Card Machine at Rincon . . . . (sniff) may you rest in peace.

FAB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The pill head was clueless. She only knew Double Super Times Pay was good because I told her. And I only told her because I knew she wasn't exactly a "threat" to grind the machine with perfect play. I would be surprised if she could concentrate on one thing for more than 20 minutes.

It is possible that this is all a coincidence, because Dream Card and Super Aces were also affected, and I didn't play those.

However, it's also possible that my session was the final straw in making them finally evaluate the "better return" games in the joint, and they decided to degrade them all.

If this really was going to happen with or without my play, then I guess I was both lucky and unlucky. Lucky in that I got in 67,500 tiers just 10 days before they killed it, and unlucky in that I was just 3 days away from going again when the hammer came down on them.

Dan: I was told the $400000 was a dealt royal, ten play, with two 10x. I don't know the machine so you'll hsve to tell me if its possible.

FAB: Dream Card was downgraded about two years ago. It used to have a $5 denomination and high rollers killed it.

Just got home from Rincon. When I arrived, the bank of video poker games that included
    #3116 (Alan's Aces and Faces game) were shut off. Later I noticed they were back on.
    And sure enough, all the Bonus Poker and Aces and Faces games were changed to 7 and 5.
    My Super Aces Bonus game in "High Limit Area" is now 7 and 5 also. After 4-5 hours of play
    I Finally hit the Aces for $4,000, to get me even. Not sure what my long term plan is, but for now
    I'm planning on staying away from Rincon.

Fly is right except they did leave 5 (25 cent) machines 8/5. As of 7 am this morning.

What about the Game King $5 machines with the progressive DDB game? They had 8/5 Aces and Faces. Are they gone too? In which case I won't return to Rincon.

Alan

The Game King machines (with multi-games with the $5 Progressive) were shut off on Monday night. I was curious to what changes were going to be made to them.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    What about the Game King $5 machines with the progressive DDB game? They had 8/5 Aces and Faces. Are they gone too? In which case I won't return to Rincon.
    Alan, although I don't play them I went in and looked for you...Still 8/5

Originally Posted by spojoey View Post
    Alan, although I don't play them I went in and looked for you...Still 8/5
    If they are still 8/5 I will continue to go to Rincon... but not as often as if the $1 games were still around.

Bad news for anyone who likes playing VP at the Rincon, but at least I can pretty safely say now that this wasn't my fault.

Phew.

Dan, really? You have one "decent" trip at Rincon and you think you forced them to change the paytables?

LOL

It could happen! I know it did because of me.

Thread Information