Thread: Total Rewards and Video Poker

Which is more important to you:

A. Playing 9/6 Jacks or Better video poker and getting ONE tier point for every $25 of coin in,

OR

B. Playing 8/5 Jacks or Better video poker and getting ONE tier point for every $10 coin in?

9/6 Jacks or Better == 99.54%

8/5 Jacks or Better == 97.30%

Let's say you want 100,000 tier points:

9/6 Jacks: 100,000 tiers requires $2.5 million coin-in @ 99.54% return == average cost of $11,500
    8/5 Jacks: 100,000 tiers requires $1.0 million coin-in @ 97.30% return == average cost of $27,000

9/6 still a much better deal (relatively speaking)

UNLESS, playing the higher theo machines gives you much better freeplay coupons to compensate for the difference. Somehow I doubt it, though.

thanks for the analysis Count Room and now the follow up question:

Are you playing to win money, or are you playing for "tier points" and comps?

If you are playing to win money, then you shouldn't play VP at all, except those 100%+ machines (which don't exist at CET).

But I know what you're asking... is it better to take the higher return machine for worse tier points, or the lesser return machine for better tier points?

There's no question that, even if playing for tier points, the 9/6 is a much better deal, because it has so much of a better return.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information