Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frank Scoblete new book on Dice Control

Hi Alan, been away most of May. One thing I have learned --- and it has been hammered home to me --- is that a man can be good at one form of gambling and bad at others. Also, there is no guarantee that an advantage-player is an honest individual. A crook is a crook no matter any skills he might have in dice control.

The reason is, Alan, that so-called advantage players ARE NOT good at winning money; only their theories are. If it were true, the majority or all of them wouldn't constantly need to be hustling money in so many ways. They'd simply--and what a concept this is--go out and win!

I've met a number of them in LV & Reno over the years, some who attached their names to different forums' anonymous handles and many I've never heard of. But the pattern was there nonetheless: some had under-the-table cash paying menial jobs, some sold weed, a few proudly admitted to successfully scamming insurance companies, ALL the "famous names" wouldn't be making it without selling this "gambling tool" or that "tip"; and the most successful "side job" of all? Getting food stamps and manipulating them to the fullest. Then there's the icing on the mythical AP cake....wizard suddenly needing, what else, other people's money to keep liquid.

This was only a sample, for sure. But by & large it gave me a disturbing pattern of how these people lie in order to cover their gambling failures while keeping the false perception alive. And it is a truth that has led me to firmly understand that AP is nothing more than a state of mind.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 05-29-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Rob you should definitely read Frank's new book. You personally would enjoy what Frank has let out of the bag. I was amazed he did it.

Frank, I am keeping confidential the additional info you sent me.

I'll read it before commenting more.

Alan, the info I sent proves the chapter I wrote. I just wanted you to know that everything is backed up by proof. I proved a thief is a thief (which was sad for me to do).

I bought into pretty much everything Frank had to say in the book. Alan, that was a good comprehensive review chapter by chapter.

What I want to hammer home is that winning in one form of gambling in no way spills over into others. Generally, the need or want of action (or the social aspects) usually takes over and even those gamblers who are other-worldly awesome in one endeavor fall prey to the sirens' call of those forms of gambling in which they are ordinary. Then the high stakes aspects of their expert gambling also spill over into their non-expert gambling, and they sabotage themselves. Call it arrogance or addiction, but it's a scenario that repeats itself over and over.

Look at some famous poker players -- Stu Ungar (sports betting), Phil Ivey (craps and sports), TJ Cloutier (craps). They lost and lose a fortune at their non-expert gambling. I could be more specific and mention sports gamblers who are expert at one or two sports and then decide because they can do that, they should be able to figure out how to win at all sports just because the word "sports" puts completely different things under one umbrella. They almost always fail.

It does not surprise me at all that people with The Golden Arm blow money on other things.
    Last edited by redietz; 12-14-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Is there a kindle edition of the book?

Just ordered the kindle edition.

Thread Information