Thread: Us bankruptcy court

Gold
    In today's mail came a "NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT OF CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY
    CASES AND MEETINGS OF CREDITORS" for CEOC. Did anyone else receive this?

Hi Nash:

I just received the same notice. Since I am unaware of any debt owed to me by CEOC or even CET, initially I was confused on why I was receiving notice of the Creditor's meeting in Chicago. Upon reflection, I recall that within the year I also received notice of a class action stock lawsuit wherein stockholders of Harrah's were notified of their possible eligibility for a settlement payment due to insider trading in Harrah's Corp (HET). I see that Exhibit A to the notice lists a bunch of lawsuits involving Harrah's as well as Ceasars. I believe that the insider lawsuit may have injected my name and address into the Bankruptcy Court. Needless to say, I will not be attending any creditor's meeting.

FAB
    Last edited by FABismonte; 04-06-2015 at 10:11 AM.

You could argue that Reward Credits and tier score benefits make you a creditor.

Reward Credits and tier score would not make you a creditor. CET has may ways out of that.

22. Reward Credits have no cash value.

28. Caesars reserves the right to modify or cancel this Program at any time, for any
    reason, subject to any applicable regulatory approval.

29. Caesars reserves the right to deny anyone application for membership or
    terminate anyone’s membership in the Program at any time in its sole
    discretion without recourse.

The notices going out are more likely from gift cards or the winning of a contest (free play).

More then likely most of us will receive these notices. It could take months for them all to go out. Depending on how they are gathering the information they could have old names (Nash) and old addresses that do not forward.

Please also look out for "FAKE" notices! In large BK's the creditor lists are public information. I have seen scam notices asking for your information, sometimes even bank account numbers that people have received.
    Creditor claim forms usually only ask for your address, amount owed and type of claim.

Aaron is correct.

I have a friend who had $6,000 worth of Express Comps (MLife) taken away from him, and he had no recourse.

He was not banned from MGM properties, nor did he face any other consequences.

While the reason they removed the points was very flimsy, he couldn't fight it, because they are considered "promotional" and can be removed at any time.

Same goes for RCs.

I have $2500 in RCs right now, btw. I keep debating if I should cash some of them for freeplay, but I don't want to lose the 25%, plus whatever house edge in the games I play with it.

All I've done recently is use them for restaurants, and having nice meals when my family (or friends) are in Vegas with me.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information