This month, I experienced a "first" as a Seven Stars player.

I was denied a room on a very busy night at Caesars Palace.

Keep in mind the following:

- I called far more than 48 hours in advance

- I am in good standing at all CET properties

- I have actually played a good deal of VP lately at CET properties, though not in Vegas

- I am current a Seven Stars member

I wanted 4 nights, 2 of which happened to coincide with a major convention.

I was told I could have the first, second, and fourth night, but the third night was "not available".

The Caesars website shows plenty of regular (non-suite) rooms still available for that date, though they are very expensive ($599+).

The CCS (800 number) told me that they were de-authorized from booking those nights complimentary for Seven Stars, and a host had to manually authorize it.

When I contacted a host, I was told that I haven't played much in Vegas when I've been there in recent times, so therefore I am DENIED a room at Caesar's during this busy date.

I was told that I can have a room at one of their lesser Vegas properties (not even Paris, though), so that's what I had to settle for.

This kinda pisses me off, because I played a LOT on wsop.com when I stayed in Vegas over the past 16 or so months, but I guess that doesn't count as "playing" in their book, even though it makes them plenty of money.

I didn't fight it, and just gave up and took the room at a different property.

I have heard for years that each property reserves the right to "black out" certain dates and deny the Seven Stars player a guaranteed comp room, but this is the first time I've seen it actually occur.