Thread: So I dropped my cell phone...

So today I dropped my cell phone. I mean, I really dropped it. The phone still works but the "glass screen" (which I am sure is not really glass) is smashed and I can even feel the sharp edges when I "swipe" icons on the screen.

Yes, I immediately ran to T Mobile to get a new phone. My service plan is with T Mobile.

T Mobile no longer gives new phones with its service plans -- my phone is a few years old and under the "old plan" I would have qualified for a new plan. Instead I had to purchase a new one.

I chose the Samsung Avant. About the same size of the Samsung Galaxy I am using now.

Unfortunately I ran into a problem. For some strange reason the T Mobile people in the store -- and two of them tried -- could not transfer my phone directory to the new phone. They could transfer the email history but not the phone numbers. They couldn't make the transfer even though my phone directory is backed up on Google and others are on my SIM.

I spent three hours there as they fumbled and fumbled. Finally they gave up and returned my money for the new phone without a $50 restocking fee. That means they really gave up.

I can't understand why they couldn't make the transfer? They blamed it on my Samsung Galaxy being old. I think either they didnt know what they were doing or the new phone was defective.

Any ideas? My next move is to try a different T Mobile store.

I went to a different T Mobile store today -- the one at the Westfield Topanga shopping mall in Woodland Hills and they had no problem transferring everything over. Clearly the employees at the first T Mobile Store at the Northridge Fashion Center did not know what they were doing.

Glad you got it straightened out. That would have been my first guess, that they were clueless.

Thread Information