Thread: Tips for shopping in "resale stores."

I'm looking for tips-- ways to get the best deals at resale stores. Some of you "black belt shoppers" have some insider secrets, so please share a few.

I know that some resale shops are likely to get their "new" inventory over the weekend when consignors and sellers bring it, and this "new inventory" gets on the racks and shelves on Tuesdays after being processed on Mondays.

I know that some resale shops have a policy to mark down certain inventory after 7 days or 30 days -- so I would think you should be asking what the policy is at the store you shop in.

Some resale shops have a close-out section where the items have the lowest possible prices.

I know that some resale shops are famous for getting new merchandise from retail stores and manufacturers. For example, there are Goodwill Stores in the Los Angeles area that are filled with brand new merchandise from department stores.

I also know that some resale stores have special sections for special merchandise. Years ago I found that the Salvation Army had a special resale store in Pasadena where they sold collectibles and antiques that were donated throughout Southern California.

And I know that there are some designer fashion resale boutiques in the Beverly Hills and Santa Monica areas that are well known for getting designer fashions and accessories that were used in photo shoots and in movie productions.

Now, how about some more tips for shopping at resale stores?

Great Labels in Santa Monica marks down its prices on Monday. This is a quality designer resale store. See my Best Buys TV Show report by by clicking here.

Thread Information