Thread: New Lite Beer Commercial Featuring Alan and Rob --

This is absolutely not meant to be mean spirited. I just came up with it and think it's a little bit funny.

Remember that Miller Lite commercial with Steinbrenner hiring Billy Martin again, then having the voices dubbed when he fired him again (or was it vice versa?).

I think Alan and Rob Singer should adopt the Steinbrenner and Martin roles. Alan could film it. "You're Banned!" "Again?" "You're UnBanned!" "Again?"

Or maybe:

(Rob looks at Alan's finger. Alan is wearing a ring.)
    Rob: "You're married? Again?"
    Alan: "You're banned!"
    Rob: "Again?"

Or maybe:

(Rob looks at Alan's finger. Alan is not wearing a ring.)
    Rob: "You're not married? Again?"
    Alan: "You're banned!"
    Rob: "Again?"

That's pretty funny. Of course you and I and Rob and Arc and maybe Regnis are probably the only ones old enough to remember. And I'm a New Yorker and I'm not sure that commercial was shown nationally??

I think they were national, but not sure. Those were classic.

It was surely shown in South Carolina and Georgia.

The New York area had some very popular local beers including Genesee and Utica Club. Schaeffer was well known. Schlitz was also popular but not a NY beer company. Now if you look online there are about a dozen different local breweries.

I remember Genesee. I remember Schaeffer (is the one beer to have when you're having more than one). I remember Schlitz, and actually liked Schlitz in the silver cans. It was inexpensive.

How about Schlitz Malt Liquor??

I grew up in an area where teen drinking was a rite of passage. Schlitz Malt Liquor and warm Genesee Cream Ale were staples. Our stomachs were strong back then.

redietz if you grew up in that "area" do you also remember Great Western Pink Catawba wine?

I'm surprised you guys know about Schlitz. I thought that was strictly a mid-west brew. "Schlitz--the beer that made Milwaukee famous" was their slogan here.

I believe Mogen David (Mad Dog) 20/20 was the local "wine" of choice. A few nights' samplings convinced me it wasn't really mine.

I lived in New York. Did you know that the largest population of Mikwaukeeans outside of Milwaukee live in New York?

Milwaukee ex-pats. Well, I guess they weren't moving to LA if they could help it.

Thread Information